Positively Dog Training Episode 317
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSSVictoria reveals her trip to Ireland to shoot for an upcoming secret project, while Holly describes how she lost her filter and says what's on her mind. Also, details about the upcoming VSPDT Miami Dog Bite Prevention Conference on April 26th and Victoria's new book, Train Your Dog Positively.
Tampa-based VSPDT trainer Amy Weeks of Amy's Canine Kindergarten calls the Positively hotline to discuss reasons behind the spike in severe aggression behavior issues, and to help answer this week's Ask Victoria questions including:
- A 3-male dog household where two of the three are neutered, and all three have begun fighting with each other
- A 10-month old Cocker Spaniel with a weak bladder, who pees minutes after she's just gone potty outside
- A husband who is threatening to put a nine-year old Beagle mix because he has started nipping
- A 2-year old Shih Tzu/Maltese/Yorkie mix who growls whenever he hears anyone else making sounds.
Family Paws Parent Education
VSPDT Trainer Search
Miami Dog Bite Prevention Conference (April 26)
Contest to win personalized copy of Victoria's new book:
- Contest link (Big dogs)
- Email a photo of your big dog to [email protected]
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
One thought on “Positively Dog Training Episode 317”
Leave a Reply
Awesome podcast, as usual - thanks for the information...
Victoria, you have got me so mystified regarding the Ireland trip - can not wait to find out what it's all about! Hope to hear more about this soon...
and Holly, I'm with you regarding saying what you feel. Too long I've worried about what people are going to think, and so I've censored a lot of what came out of my mouth. No more. I have to live with myself, and if I don't say something - like for instance, how much I can't stand shock collars, or the asinine excuses people use to justify them. If that person is going to take the time to sing the praises of a shock collar, then believe you me, I will take the time to shut them up or shut them down.
Looking forward to the next podcast! ...