Interestingly, some dogs appear to watch and bite at imaginary flies in front of their faces – a behavior particularly prevalent among German Shepherds and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. There are a number of suspected causes for this behavior, including partial epileptic seizures, hallucinations, and, in Cavaliers, a devastating disease called syringomyelia.
How Can I Stop My Dog from Air Snapping?
- Dogs exhibiting this behavior should be fully examined by a veterinarian to rule out any medical causes.
- If the behavior is not caused by a medical condition, the behavior could be a compulsion.
- Some cases can be solved with behavioral therapy and an increase in exercise, while more severe behavioral cases may require the aid of medication.
- Talk to your veterinarian or a veterinary behaviorist.
Season 6 ends with a bang as Holly and Victoria reveal two brand new releases that listeners will be able to enjoy.
Victoria and Holly chat about the Victoria Stilwell Academy and the latest news from the program. They also answer your most...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...
- Why I’m Not (and never have been) a Purely...