Interestingly, some dogs appear to watch and bite at imaginary flies in front of their faces – a behavior particularly prevalent among German Shepherds and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. There are a number of suspected causes for this behavior, including partial epileptic seizures, hallucinations, and, in Cavaliers, a devastating disease called syringomyelia.
How Can I Stop My Dog from Air Snapping?
- Dogs exhibiting this behavior should be fully examined by a veterinarian to rule out any medical causes.
- If the behavior is not caused by a medical condition, the behavior could be a compulsion.
- Some cases can be solved with behavioral therapy and an increase in exercise, while more severe behavioral cases may require the aid of medication.
- Talk to your veterinarian or a veterinary behaviorist.
What is e-learning, and what should you look for in an online course? Victoria and Aly break it all down here.
Victoria visits Dr. Duffy Jones to talk through safety tips, the latest on the virus’ effect on our pets, and best practices for...
What’s the secret to staying engaged, productive and efficient when working or learning from home in the age of social...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Dog Behaviour Conference Now A Global Online Event
- “Director’s Cut” It’s Me...
- Should We Even Talk To ‘The Other...
- It’s Me or the Dog Free on YouTube!
- Do What You Love