Training Treats

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

whalerider23

Training Treats

Post by whalerider23 »

Hey I just wanted to know what kind of training treats people like to use with their dogs? Or more importantly how to cook them? I've read in Victoria's book that she recommends poultry, beef, liver and cheese. My dogs love cheese and that's what I use all the time when training them, but I want my dogs to have a variety of treats to make their training sessions more interesting. I've asked Victoria herself what she uses on her show and she said she uses the food that is prepackaged at the grocery store. I've asked other people too and that's what they've said too. Are there any brands out there that people recommend that is cooked properly and not covered in spices and herbs? Also how do you cook liver? What kind of meat can be used as training treats? I've seen on the show that she has used pepperoni, tripe and hot dog? She also said to make the treat more appetizing, you should heat it up so the scent molecules are released which entices the dog even more. I'm not a cook by any stretch of the imagination so I wouldn't know how to cook it properly. Any thoughts?