That's Never Happened Before

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

That's Never Happened Before

Post by Nettle »

Out training a reactive dog today, teaching the owner to read dog body language and how/when to body-block. A nice stream of idiots and uncontrolled dogs to practice with, one of which was a huuuuge crossbred St. Bernard type.

Having successfully sent it away once (its owner was not doing anything to help) about half an hour later it tried to go into us from the back. I could see it meant business, so sent the client and dog ahead to safety while I body-blocked the other dog. I asked the owner to call it, which he did once, feebly, and it did not respond.

After a few minutes of me blocking, it sat on my foot and gazed adoringly into my eyes. :shock:

That's never happened before.......and when a twelve-stone dog sits on your foot, you ain't going anywhere fast :lol:

And the owner still did nothing.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
jakesmom

Re: That's Never Happened Before

Post by jakesmom »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, you're dead brave, but it is funny, when you're not on the receiving end. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, save us from stupid owners. And what the hell would you have done if he really meant it.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

got to love it...there is no telling how these things will go until they have "gone", is there?
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

:lol: :lol:

I wouldn't have wanted to be in your position, but at least you made a new friend. :D
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

That dog has probably been looking for a strong lady to love all his life. Apparently
you are the woman of his dreams. :lol: Certainly you're not anything like his
owner :roll:

Is good to make new friends, especially when they've got possession
of your foot!
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

how in the world did u get him off?
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I certainly wasn't going to stroke him - what if he followed me back to the car? :shock: I wiggled my foot out from under his vast bottom, turned around and walked away - luckily he stayed where he was. And even more luckily, he might have been a dog-bully but he wasn't people-aggressive.

Had he been more of a risk - I had a pocket full of treats and I'd've thrown them for him, as Emmabeth described from her Ian Dunbar seminar (see, I can learn somethimg new even if I didn't go to the seminar :lol: )
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

ImageImageImage

Cyril sits on my feet when I am putting his harness on. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

That is pretty cute.... that poor oaf was just looking for a "take-charge" kind of human, and you obviously fit the bill. :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

ImageImageImage

What can I say? :D :lol: