My Sweet Pups Excessive Barking: PLEASE HELP!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

chk91

My Sweet Pups Excessive Barking: PLEASE HELP!

Post by chk91 »

My name is Christine and I am the proud owner of a seven-month-old Shichon named Beatrice (Bea). My sweet Bea is a high-energy puppy, which I love, but recently she has been going crazy on a nightly basis every time a neighbors dog barks, which is often. I am fully aware and grateful that she is protective of our home, but it is happening so often that I am not getting any sleep. When she does start barking I try to pry myself out of bed to say, "Beatrice, no. Be quiet." repeatedly and that usually keeps her quiet until the next freak out. I still want her to bark at alarming things, but other dogs off in the distance is not one of them. She is played with quite a bit, seeing as my sisters love to wrestle and play catch with her, and I try to be consistent with that so that she'll be worn out at the end of the day, but to no avail. All dog whisperers PLEASE help me. It is interrupting my sleep, as well as my entire house. Thank you.