Cleaning the carpets

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

slbose61

Cleaning the carpets

Post by slbose61 »

I purchased a carpet clearner/extractor and plan to do the whole house this week. Can someone tell me what the vinegar/water ratio is? I have a lot of old stains from my geriatric dog that passed last year, and they are becoming an eyesore (at least to me).
j-f

Re: Cleaning the carpets

Post by j-f »

In that website here you can find many ways to clean carpets with vinegar
http://www.vinegartips.com/Scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7
Wash indoor/outdoor carpet with a solution of 1 cup white distilled vinegar in 1 bucket of warm water. Scrub using a brush or a broom and then hose off.
Some carpet stains can be removed with a paste of 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar and 1/4 cup salt or baking soda. Rub into the carpet stain and let dry. Vacuum up the residue the next day. (Always test on an out-of-sight part of the carpet first).
Wash indoor/outdoor carpet with a solution of 1 cup white distilled vinegar in 1 bucket of warm water. Scrub using a brush or a broom and then hose off.
Clean up pet accidents by first blotting up the area and then adding a white distilled vinegar-and-water solution. Blot until it is almost dry. Then sprinkle baking soda over the area and let it dry. Vacuum up the residue the next day.