Positively Dog Training Episode 507
Victoria and Holly talk about the viral story of a military working dog and his handler that were injured during a building search, and the incredible bond between military dogs and their handlers. The pair in this particular story has been recovering together, and both are expected to make a full recovery.
They also chat with Kristen Maurer, the co-founder of Mission K-9 Rescue, an organization dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating, and reuniting military working dogs with their handlers. Kristen explains how the group got started, what they do, and how people can help from anywhere in the world.
Ask Victoria questions include:
• How you can stop a puppy’s excessive teething and mouthing?
• What’s the best way to manage multiple dogs on walks that bark and pull on leash?
• How can you prepare for bringing home two puppies and creating a successful routine?
• How can you stop dogs from fighting when they get overexcited or overaroused?
• How can you restore trust between you and your dog after a traumatic incident that broke that trust?