Victoria’s Power of Positive Training Seminar Comes to NJ
Victoria will be bringing her popular 2-day seminar - The Power of Positive Training -to the Jersey Shore this fall. Presented by Monmouth County Underdogs and The Inner Dog dog training, this rare, two-day event will be held in Lincroft, NJ on October 19-20, 2013.
Attendees to this limited-capacity, intimate event will learn about how to apply Victoria's proven, science-based, force-free training techniques to their relationships with their pets by emphasizing ways to help the dog learn more effectively and humanely. Specific behavioral issues will be addressed by Victoria while she takes the audience on a journey behind the scenes of It's Me or the Dog, providing a unique look at how her hit TV show is filmed.
The second day of the seminar will focus on aggression issues and how to use the power of positive training to address even the most severe behavioral cases without the use of pain, fear and intimidation.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet Victoria in person, learn about cutting-edge training concepts and techniques, and share in Victoria's passion for promoting safe, balanced, relationship-building with dogs based on mutual trust, respect and love.
Day One: The Power of Positive Training
- Behind the Scenes of It’s Me or the Dog
- The Bond – Exploring the Human/Canine Relationship
- What is Positive Training?
- The Dangers of Dominance
- How to Make Learning Fun for you and your Dog
- The Power of Positive Motivation
- Canine Sensory Education – Learn how your Dog Perceives the World
- Why is Play so Important?
- Understand your Dog - Learning Canine Body and Vocal Language and Improve your Communication
- Solutions to Common Behaviour Issues
Day two: Stress, Anxiety, Fear and Aggression in Dogs
- What is Aggression? Understanding Aggressive Behavior
- Why Do Dogs Become Aggressive?
- The Dominance Myth
- Emotional Experience-Stress, Anxiety and Fear-Understanding the Canine Nervous System
- Categorizing Aggressive Behavior – from Lead Aggression to Resource Guarding
- Assessing and Changing Aggressive Behavior
- Dealing with Aggression in a Shelter Environment
- Preventing Aggressive Behavior
- Children and Dogs - Safety and Responsibility
The Power of Positive Training Seminar Ticket Information:
- Early-bird discount for two-day admission (book before August 15, 2013): $180
- Standard two-day admission (after August 15, 2013): $200
- Group Ticket Price (4 or more): $175
- Held at Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ
- Ticket fee includes lunch both days
- Portion of all proceeds go directly to local rescue organizations
- One-day admission: Available after September 15, 2013
- Buy Tickets Here
Produced in partnership with VSPDT trainer Sam Wike.