The Best Among Many

Discussion of Victoria's books, It's Me or the Dog: How to Have the Perfect Pet and Fat Dog Slim: How to Have a Healthy, Happy Pet.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

goldendood

The Best Among Many

Post by goldendood »

In preparation for the arrival of our new puppy, I decided to bone up on my dog training skills so as not to perpetuate bad (i.e. uneducated) habits. Bought several books by the "hottest" new bunch of trainers. While they didn't seem to offer any revolutionary new techniques, I did find some novel ideas to incorporate in my training program.

Then I started watching It's Me Or the Dog, and I was hooked. Victoria's methods are so straightforward and SENSIBLE! She faces every canine challenge with humor and determination, but never sacrifices her own dignity nor the dogs'.

It's Me Or the Dog is now my bible for the training process, the last training book I'll ever need. I so appreciate her lessons on how to understand dog-speak! And she makes it clear that some canine behaviors cannot be unlearned, because they were never learned in the first place...they just are, and humans have to learn to adjust (as in don't leave tempting stuff lying around!)

Thank you, Victoria!