My Rescues

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OhioRuthie

Re: My Rescues

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:OhioRuthie, You forgot to tell us how much weight Riley gained, if he had gained any! :shock: However, it is good to here he did well at the vets and got to meet other Rotties! :D By the way, a few weeks or so, I took Karma to my vets to get her annual shots, checked out, and weighed (which she gained 8 lbs. - a little overweight for her breed). While waiting to be called, a couple brought in their Rottie and her pups. First, I thought "Oh no!" because I wasn't sure how Karma would handle six or seven week old puppies, but she did fine! The only thing she didn't like was that I was handling a couple of the puppies, which their mother didn't mind, but at the same time, Karma was giving me that look "You shouldn't be holding them. You should be holding me!"

However, I kept Karma calmed and kept saying "puppies turn" and I rewarded Karma for staying calm during all this until we were called into the examination room. :D Gee, I hated to give up those Rottie puppies though, because they were so cute and well-behaved! :lol:
She gained 3 lbs in a month..the vet said that's fine since she plays constantly..always wrestling with Mozart...she expects there will be a growth spurt anytime. I was really hoping for a big gain...but Riley looks so healthy her bones no longer stick out and she shines...she is just smooth instead of bony bumpy...so she still needs weight...but the vet said she's doing fine.

Karma was so good maybe that's her way of saying she wants a puppy playmate :)
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie wrote:
Karma was so good maybe that's her way of saying she wants a puppy playmate
Nooooooooooooo thanks! Karma is all the "puppy" I need right now! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:OhioRuthie wrote:
Karma was so good maybe that's her way of saying she wants a puppy playmate
Nooooooooooooo thanks! Karma is all the "puppy" I need right now! :lol:
I noticed you said..."right now"...so there could be a maybe later in there somewhereLOL

My puppy was busy last night...she made me confetti out of papers and paper towels..wasn't that nice of her?LOL..it is literally all over the living room and dining room...I know she had a good time...I think she wants to be an interior decorator! Thank God for shop vacs!!!

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie wrote:
I noticed you said..."right now"...so there could be a maybe later in there somewhereLOL

My puppy was busy last night...she made me confetti out of papers and paper towels..wasn't that nice of her?LOL..it is literally all over the living room and dining room...I know she had a good time...I think she wants to be an interior decorator! Thank God for shop vacs!!!
I did have another dog when I got Karma and her name was Emma who was part German Shepherd/Chocolate Lab. Even though those two were full-grown adults, they managed to get into a little bit of mischief! :lol: Since Emma's passing about a year ago, Karma has continued "The Tradition" ever since. Which dog was the most mischievous? Karma! Whatever she learned from Emma, she took it even further in which I had to retrain Karma! :roll:
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Sorry about Emma :(

Do you feed your dog people food? I tend to share whatever I have with mine..we had pasta today. It was good too..my macaw is very vocal if he doesn't like what I make..he'll do the puking sound if he doesn't like it...rude but he's honestLOL

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Thank you about Emma. I do miss her dearly! :o

Yes, I do feed Karma people food in which I know is good for her. Otherwise, it is dry dog food or moist dog food for the ol girl! :D However, it isn't just any ordinary dry or moist dog food, it's the dog food that has the real stuff in it, less artificial coloring and preservatives, the better! It may be expensive, but in the long run, it is better for her and less health problems later, which, of course, isn't always guaranteed, but it's one aspect or part I can control that will keep Karma healthy as long as she lives! :D And I have this same philosophy with dog treats, too! :D
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

What food you feed Karma?
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Wicket, when I feed Karma "people food", it is usually whatever meat we're having along with some vegetables, excluding bones. I don't feed her any raw meat, but she'll eat raw vegetables after I have rinsed them thoroughly; a couple of cooked eggs (Karma likes her eggs scrambled) twice a week; in as for dry and moist dog food, she LOVES the EVO brand! However, if I run out of EVO moist dog food, I've found that she also loves Alpo's Prime cuts, which have real cuts of meat in it.

Now I do switch her dry dog food for the brand (I can't think of the name of the brand right now), but I get it from it our local Agway, which is almost as good as EVO, but it is cheaper in cost since it is a lot bigger bag. Her treats are EVO and Meaty Bones which she loves the most, chopped meats and cheese. About everything else, she spits out, which I don't blame her.

So, as you can see, she's fed like royalty! :lol: However, if I am to have some control of her health, I think feeding her what dogs require is a must, if not expensive, which, when you think of it, is less expensive than having a lot of vet bills! Wouldn't you agree?
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Riley the puppy is currently into leaves on trees and those weird green stick type weeds that grow in the yard...she's funny to watch..she'll bark at them too.

Wvvdiup sounds like you have a very lucky dog!

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie wrote:
Wvvdiup sounds like you have a very lucky dog!
Yes, she is a lucky dog! :lol: Bow down to Queen Karma! :lol:
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Well a neighbor called Riley 'fat' today...she just doesn't look emaciated any longer but has a way to go to be considered fat. But at least her weight gain is showing that's a good thing :D

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Don't let that neighbor bother you, OhioRuthie. I remember a saying "What goes around, comes around." Maybe your neighbor is gaining weight or has bad eye sight? :twisted:
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Don't let that neighbor bother you, OhioRuthie. I remember a saying "What goes around, comes around." Maybe your neighbor is gaining weight or has bad eye sight? :twisted:
It was a strange woman anyway...Riley knows she's cute! 8)

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I haven't seen an ugly dog yet, but I've seen a lot of ugly people in my lifetime! :lol:
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:I haven't seen an ugly dog yet, but I've seen a lot of ugly people in my lifetime! :lol:
I know what you mean...I just happen to think all my critters are extra cute 8)

My websites: