Another "Must Read"

Discussion of Victoria's books, It's Me or the Dog: How to Have the Perfect Pet and Fat Dog Slim: How to Have a Healthy, Happy Pet.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

Another "Must Read"

Post by Fundog »

I just checked this book out from the library: "Merle's Door (Lessons from a Freethinking Dog)" by Ted Kerasote

It is just a story of another man's life with his dog, but it focuses on the *partnership* of the relationship between people and their dogs (or dogs and their people). Kerasote completely eschews any notions of dominance and trying to get dogs to conform to human desires, but rather, talks about life from the dog's perspective (he starts out by describing his human friends in terms of how they smelled, rather than how they looked). I'm only a few pages into it, but I'm already thinking this book is a must-read for anyone who loves Victoria's methods, and longs for a deeper relationship with their dogs. Check it out!
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Re: Another "Must Read"

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I would definately recommend books written by Karen Pryor and Nicholas Dodman. To date, I don't think these two authors have collaborated or written a book together, but if they did, I think that book would definately be interesting! Of course, I can't wait for Victoria's third book! 8)
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown