Please help us find the best food - Czech republic

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Huckyšák

Please help us find the best food - Czech republic

Post by Huckyšák »

Please help us choose the best dog food for our female Belgian shepherd. Unfortunately, in the CR is a bad choice and bad information on the quality of dog food.

In stores you can find here:

•Royal Canin
•Eukanuba - in the Czech Republic as one of the finest dog feed
•Purina Pro Plan - in the Czech Republic as one of the finest dog feed
•Brit
•Ontario
•Bosch
•Hill´s
•Pronature
•K-9
•Acana
•Friskies - in the Czech Republic one of the top feed dog
•Orijen
•Calibra
•Pedigree - in the Czech Republic one of the top feed dog
•Nuova Fattoria - currently we feed this
•FirstMate
•Breeder's Choice
• Arden Grange
•Belcando
•Dog Lovers Gold

thanks for help in choosing
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

My dogs loved the sample of Orijen that they tried, its grain free and pretty good quality stuff.

I dont recognise all the brands on the list though so I couldnt say if its better than all the others.

Look for one where meat is the largest ingredient - not JUST the largest SINGLE ingredient (as thats got to be listed first in most countries)..

But add up the ingredients by type... so include meat, fish, meat meal as 'meat' and then add together the % of cereal/grains...

And then pick the food that contains significantly more meat than anything else.

Lots of companies will get away with listing meat as the largest single ingredient because they will break down other ingredients by type..

So it might be 45% lamb, for example.... but if theres 30% corn, 20% rice, 15% barley.... then actually its 65% cereal!
springermomx3

Post by springermomx3 »

Acana or Orijen would be best
[img]http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/thelifeofriley3/newsignature_edited-1.jpg[/img]