To Board, or Take With?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

To Board, or Take With?

Post by Fundog »

My son is getting married on June 30. He is a nine hour drive away. I plan to start my trip a few days prior so I can help my son's fiance get things ready for the wedding. My son's apartment complex does not allow pets. Until last night, I had planned to take Zoey with me, but we would camp in one of the many beautiful state parks nearby. I planned to put Zoey in a daycare while I was busy, and keep her with me at night.

Last night I was looking at boarding facilities and prices, and realized it would be nearly the same price to board her the whole week I'm gone in my nearest city, than to do my original plan.

It would make more sense, fiscally, to go with "Plan B." But I can't help feeling a little disappointed. I had hoped this trip would help us bond. And there are so many wonderful places to visit with my dog!

On the other hand, my trip will be significantly simpler without a dog!

It's a tough decision, and I need to choose quick. What would you do?
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Ari_RR

Re: To Board, or Take With?

Post by Ari_RR »

I would probably board. The trip will be hectic enough... and congrats on your son's wedding.
Ari, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Sept 2010 - Dec 2018.
Miles, Rhodesian Ridgeback, b. Nov 2018
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

No question for me. Far less traumatic for the dog to be boarded in one place and less stressful for you too. You have the rest of her life to take her places and enjoy being with her, not dancing to someone else's tune and worrying.

Enjoy the wedding. :)
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Thank you. It turns out I made her reservation before remembering to check in. It's good know I made the right decision. Thanks! :)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.