Large Munsterlander?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Large Munsterlander?

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

Sorry to keep asking about different breeds it's just I'm obsessed with learning about different breeds.

When out walking on a different route today I met a breed I thought was a cross but turns out the owner said it's not a setter cross he's a Large Munsterlander :oops: :shock: , I had never heard of one so I was naturally interested and I learn they are from Germany , they are related to German pointers but are not as hyper as German pointers and there energy levels are more on the line of labradors\ flat coats.

Don't know if this is true? But certainly a breed if true that I would be interested in , in the future.

Has anyone else heard of them or met one? ( Or dare I ask again know anything about them :lol: )
Lotsaquestions

Re: Large Munsterlander?

Post by Lotsaquestions »

I've met a small one briefly, and I mistook it for a springer x collie. :lol:

Have you looked at the Sabyhoun? Those I've never met but I read a great deal about them as I was considering them. Sound like lovely dogs.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I met a small Musterlander a while back - a beautiful dog, and the owner said she was very well behaved. Though she had been 'trained up' somewhere else before they got her so you can't read too much into that.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 am I've met a small one briefly, and I mistook it for a springer x collie. :lol:

Have you looked at the Sabyhoun? Those I've never met but I read a great deal about them as I was considering them. Sound like lovely dogs.
OMG there gorgeous , I just watched a video on them and they sound perfect. I like that the UKSA find a puppy for you after you fill in a puppy application form.