Ready made raw feeds

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: Ready made raw feeds

Post by Lotsaquestions »

He is fine on Millies generally (though soft poos), but he farts none stop. At first I thought it would fade if we stuck at it, but he is still doing. It isn't an every now and again fart either, it is like a cloud follows him from when he's eaten until the next morning. Its the same reaction he started to have to his Fishmonger's Finest Fish & Potato where we realised he's intolerant to potato. He'd been eating that since he was a pup.

I am thinking raw then introducing dry food might be our best bet aswell, Judy. I do still have some nature's menu nuggets left from when we tried it before, they should still be alright since they've been sitting in the freezer.

I was shocked by his reaction aswell, it has been really dramatic with both Eden and Orijen, with Orijen being worse. His gums are good, no blood in his stools, his temp seems fine and his vomit was just spit after all his food was chucked up so I'm not worried about it being anything else. He's stopped both now, though he's still under the weather and isn't moving much. He is just following me around and asking for his belly to be rubbed so he's in some discomfort. I can't imagine it being anything other than the foods since it happened so immediately after eating them, and recovered immediately after stopping. :(
Lotsaquestions

Re: Ready made raw feeds

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Given him a third of a Nature's Menu Country Hunter wet food pouch - he ate it all up which was surprising given he usually says 'nope' to wet food! Hopefully he'll keep this down. If he does he'll get the rest this evening and again tomorrow then we'll see about introducing dry after that. I think we're going to introduce the Eden we bought and not the Orijen, given how bad this reaction has gone. Eden seems to be good quality anyway!

After spending the entire day sleeping and moping, he picked up his ball and rolled it around for a bit for 2mins. :)