positively no pull harness

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

samburket

positively no pull harness

Post by samburket »

With my kurgo harnesses, I can safely walk our dogs. But one is rubbing him behind his front legs and I'd like to try a new and improved positively no pull harness. But I can't see instructions on how to measure my dogs's chests. Does the measure tape go behind the neck like a necklace? Does it go behind the front legs like a saddle? I want to get the right sizes so it won't chafe. The store contact email is not active and I get an error message of undeliverable mail. (Can someone let the store folk know of this problem?)

Also, the photo shows a double leash. I am not handy enough to hold two dogs with double leashes. My goodness, I get tangled with two single leashes. Does the positively no pull harness require this double leash? Or can I use just the front clip like I do with the Kurgo?

DJ - large chocolate lab, 8 years, can walk very nice but gets distracted easily, has pulled me over too many times when I used his collar
RJ - licorice probably lab boxer mix, 3 years, woofs at everything and has lunged at cars, was a stray so we haven't a clue what her puppyhood was like

I mostly walk them in state game lands for a calmer place with no bicycles, skateboards, cars, etc.
Last edited by samburket on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyN

Re: positively no pull harness

Post by JudyN »

That's annoying! Unfortunately none of the regulars here are connected to Positively as such, so won't be able to contact them. Have you tried the online help form here? http://positively.shop.musictoday.com/help/?faqView=ask There's also an email contact form - I don't know if that's the one you've tried already.

I've also found a size chart here which you may not have seen: http://static.musictoday.com/store/band ... 0Chart.jpg It still doesn't tell you how to measure the chest, but it gives examples of breeds each will fit.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Erica

Re: positively no pull harness

Post by Erica »

The measurement should go around their chest behind their front legs, like a saddle. I haven't used the Positively harness yet, but its close cousin, the Freedom, works very well with just the front clip. :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14