Pet Cams

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

AliceGrimm

Pet Cams

Post by AliceGrimm »

I was wondering how many of you use one and what kinds?

I have seen the one thread about video recording to see what triggers and talk of GoPro, which style works best do you find?

I don't know much about video recorders. I was hoping to have something to catch moments of my pup when I am away. But I also like the idea of getting a look from their prospective. Like in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16246&p=118220&hilit=cams#p118220

Any advice?
Erica

Re: Pet Cams

Post by Erica »

If you have a laptop with a webcam, you can try to set that up so it can see where the dog hangs out, then record things there. There are some apps that let you use an old smartphone as a nannycam/petcam. GoPros aren't cheap! They're good quality, but if that's all you want it for, there are other options :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
AliceGrimm

Post by AliceGrimm »

I am unsure how to record using my computer. But I may have an old phone that I could use to record and set up. I will definitely see..

Any other ideas of how to do so?

Yeah I noticed GoPros are very expensive. And I don't even know how people know which ones to get. lol
I am becoming a dinosaur. I don't even know what to begin to look for when it comes to technology.
evilsheep

Post by evilsheep »

I've been using Manything recently - it's free to Live Stream footage, or can you pay for various cloud storage packages. You can talk through it too, or set it to play back a recorded voice when triggered by motion.

https://manything.com/