Leadmate helps you grip the lead

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Dibbythedog

Leadmate helps you grip the lead

Post by Dibbythedog »

I hope it's ok to post this here. This isn't actually a training too.

I saw this on another forum when the designer posted asking what we thought of it ---

"I have been working on a personal project the past year which is basically a small ball that you attach to your standard dog leash to provide another point to hold on to.
The idea was born from wrapping my own dogs leash around my hand when I needed closer control - which works ok but after a while starts to hurt as although I consider my dog well behaved - she still gets a little excited and just loves to pull on a leash.
I've noticed people tie knots or loops in their leashes to offer something similar to what I have come up with. "

http://dog-milk.com/mingus-and-dottie-try-it-lead-mate/

I was interested in this as I have rheumatoid arthritis and a poor grip and Jaan sent me a one free from Canada. Its a simple but effective idea and I have found it really useful, its easy to grip and gives me more control than resorting to wrapping the lead round my hand and much less painful. While my JRT/Staffie walks well on a loose lead, its helpful for the times he gets excited for example when a cat strolls in front of him.

IF Jaan gets enough orders through Kickstart, he will be able to produce and sell these soon and 10% donation for each one sold will go to dog rescues. I have already ordered another one . I have no commercial interest in Leadmate but I hope it takes off as its a great product. I believe Victoria Stilwell has seen this on Jaan's Facebook and Liked it.
Dibbythedog

Re: Leadmate helps you grip the lead

Post by Dibbythedog »

Kickstart closes in two days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/le ... -made-easy

I have ordered some for my friends.

Just a note, I've not tested this on large dogs.

Thank you Mods for letting me post this .