Boiled eggs with shell

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ari_RR

Boiled eggs with shell

Post by Ari_RR »

I've been told that a hard boiled agg with shell is good for a dog, every now and then.... Calcium, I guess. Would anyone disagree?
minkee

Re: Boiled eggs with shell

Post by minkee »

Mine have whole raw eggs often. I've stopped giving them the shell though, because they used to eat it but now tend to spit it all over the floor instead ¬__¬
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

Sweetie gets a raw egg each week, but not the shell. I'm sure she'd love it just as much boiled :roll: but I don't know if there's any benefit to that beyond maybe a cleaner chin at the end :lol: . I'd think there would be more calcium to be had in bones than eggs or eggshells, but I'd only be guessing.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Jasper's posh, he has raw quail eggs :lol: But only because hen eggs give him a sulphurous bum and runny poos. He wasn't that keen on the shell of hen eggs, I think it was a bit spiky for his delicate little mouth, but the quail eggs disappear.

Some raw feeders claim that raw eggs & shells are very important, but I'd take that with a huge pinch of salt (and pepper and some soldiers :lol: ).
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

JudyN wrote:Jasper's posh, he has raw quail eggs :lol: But only because hen eggs give him a sulphurous bum and runny poos. He wasn't that keen on the shell of hen eggs, I think it was a bit spiky for his delicate little mouth, but the quail eggs disappear.

Some raw feeders claim that raw eggs & shells are very important, but I'd take that with a huge pinch of salt (and pepper and some soldiers :lol: ).
This quote provides about 8 more reasons why Jasper is indeed very, very 'special'!
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Piper loves her raw eggs (in the shell - she has to crack it to get it out which she really enjoys). I would not stop her from eating the shell, but she never does. I personally cannot see the benefit of boiling the egg first, unless you don't like the mess. I solve that by always giving giving her her eggs outside on the lawn.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Nothing wrong with eggs, boiled or not, with or without shell, but no particular advantages either. For calcium, raw bones are much better - they provide calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in the right ratios for - nourishing bones! :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS