Victoria Stilwell's eHow Pets Videos

Valuable training articles posted by Victoria and other Positively members.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

minkee

Victoria Stilwell's eHow Pets Videos

Post by minkee »

I wasn't sure where to put these exactly, but as they're a good resource, especially for the people who come here specifically because of Victoria, I thought this section would be best. I will try and keep the first post up-to-date, but feel free to add them if I don't!

I haven't watched all of these, but I'm going to take it on faith that they all have good info :D Here's a list of them all: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0C724F6F6A597540

And here they are one by one:

Teach a Puppy to Sit

Loose-Leash Walking Inside

Loose-Leash Walking Outside

Come When Called 1: Puppy Basics

Come When Called 2: Back and Forth

Come When Called 3: Inside

Come When Called 4: Outside

Teaching the 'Leave It' Cue

Discipline for Your Dog

Rewarding a Dog With Food

Dog Training With Positive Reinforcement

Teach a Puppy to Lie Down

Training a Dog to Heel

Heeling Outside
dontpugme

Re: Victoria Stilwell's eHow Pets Videos

Post by dontpugme »

I watched all of them and agree with all that was said. I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know, the format is very helpful if I had no idea how to work with my dog. I really like that (recall videos for example) had many stages. (indoor, outdoor, advanced) Loose leash walking did as well. (Indoor, outdoor, heel work). I would definitely recommend them to someone first starting out (which is what eHow's channel is really meant for). The Westminster videos were pretty interesting. (I really liked the David Frei interview and the recurring jokes about the Xoloitzcuintli) :lol:
--dontpugme