Proud of Casey!!!!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MissCarla

Proud of Casey!!!!

Post by MissCarla »

Ooooh, she was such a wonderful girl today! To give some background to the story, my parents have a beagle/cattle dog mix named Emma. Emma and Casey aren't really fond of each other, but thankfully have a 'leave me alone and I'll leave you alone' relationship. When I'm over there (we were living there for awhile!), Casey is always on a house lead and they are separated by baby gates. I'm visiting here today and vacuuming and mopping for my mom. I had all three dogs baby gated into the living room/dining room so the kitchen could dry. I figured everything would be alright since I am the only one here and all the dogs were being low-key.

Emma goes ballistic when the mail man comes by, and sure enough, I hear her screeching her head off right before I hear the mail slot slam. I've made it a habit to call Casey away when either Bear or Emma are reacting to something because she goes after the dog who is being reactive. So, as soon as Emma goes off I start looking for Casey, feeling worried that OF COURSE today is going to be the day there is a fight since I left them all together.

Where was Casey? As soon as Emma starting barking like a maniac and I stood up to call Casey, she comes bounding towards me and sits in front of me!!! :shock: Cannot believe what a smart girl she is, and so happy she is choosing to come sit for treats instead of engaging with the other dog. :)
Suzette

Re: Proud of Casey!!!!

Post by Suzette »

That's so wonderful! I love those moments where all the hard work comes together and you get the big payoff! Good for you and Casey!! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
MissCarla

Post by MissCarla »

Thank you! Wanted to post something good about her since I am complaining about her in the Advice forum. :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

What a clever girl! And well done you! :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009