meet Spencer

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

Re: meet Spencer

Post by bendog »

:D YAY

He looks lovely :P
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Sarah83 wrote:I woke this morning to find myself sharing a bed with one Labrador, 2 Kongs, 4 tug toys and a tennis ball. Apparently he found where I'd put Ruperts toys and figured they needed to be in a nice comfy bed rather than in a pile on the floor.
wow, friendly fellow. Not a bad first night.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

If I can get pics that are more than a yellow blur I shall post them :lol:

I'm finding him hard work! Doesn't help I woke up with a banging headache and a high temperature and am not used to a rather high energy dog with few manners. We went for a walk to meet my hubby from work and let's just say that leash manners are going to be a priority! My arms felt like they were being yanked out of their sockets, he nearly tripped me up multiple times, he wound the leash around himself, around me and around lamp posts, he grabbed it and tugged on it (easily solved by giving him a toy to hold) and jumped at me multiple times.

He's not too bad in the house to be fair, except that he doesn't know all the things Rupert knew. I keep forgetting this and asking him to do something only to realise a moment later that he's not got a clue what I want from him. He seems quite quick to pick things up, he's already trying to hold a sit while I get the long line on him and all gathered up for a toilet walk so I'm sure it won't be long before he learns my wonderful commands like "shift yer bum" and "move it" and "out,out,out!" :oops: :lol: He's also very responsive while out and is happy to play tug or fetch. He didn't react badly to an aggressive dog we passed on our walk. I think given the chance he'd have gone over to say hello though.

So there you go Jacksdad, I am not completely without things to work on :lol:
PikiPiki

Post by PikiPiki »

He sounds like such a fun dog. You're going to have so much fun working with him. I'm so happy for you Sarah. :) Try some videos? :D
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Sarah83 wrote:my wonderful commands like "shift yer bum" and "move it" and "out,out,out!" :oops: :lol:
Right, I'm going to start working on those commands with Ted right away :lol: :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
runlikethewind

Post by runlikethewind »

Great news!!
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Congrats!

He's lovely and I love the name. (I am a fan of male dogs who are named with people names!)

He's very lucky that his family considered his needs when rehoming him, and that you've now taken over his care. How sad that they're devastated, but I consider that a good sign that he's been loved and will continue to be.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

And the right dog came and presented itself to you with no strings, no weird people, no taking
dog away again. Isn't it wonderful how that happens? He's handsome, appears to have quite the
personality, and does not seem to be wanting in the confidence or self-esteem department. I'm
glad you have a friend again, and hey! He's not perfect! You have MORE training to do! I'm quite
certain, though, that in your hands he'll be Mr. Perfect by Easter.

I'm sorry for the family giving him up. I know the memory of their sadness is still with you, but
they got a giftie out of this too. They didn't have to put him in a shelter, and even though they
may not realize it, there is no need for them to ever worry about their dog's future.

Congratulations to everyone, including the no longer abused toys that were denied bed space :lol:
Labsrule

Post by Labsrule »

Congratulations, welcome to the world of the mad Labrador!! Enjoy.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Lovely-looking lab :) here's to fun times with him
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Managed to get another pic of him that didn't turn out just a blur. He's latched on to Ruperts favourite toy and is rarely far from it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

He's a happy fellow! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Oooh he's loverly very nice looking lab love the blondness :D

p.s I think your book collection would get on well with our book collection :wink:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
MissCarla

Post by MissCarla »

So happy for you! And happy for his old family too. I'm sure they're sad, but having peace of mind that he's gone to such a wonderful home must be such a relief.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

WufWuf wrote:Oooh he's loverly very nice looking lab love the blondness :D

p.s I think your book collection would get on well with our book collection :wink:
Oh that's only a few books out of the collection, I have over 700 books in the house. Most of them are in big plastic tubs stacked out of the way in the spare bedroom though. I really need to get rid of some but can't bear to throw books away :? Those books in the pic were neatly stacked until someones tail sent them flying.