We didn't get Johnny. But...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sarah83

We didn't get Johnny. But...

Post by Sarah83 »

Meet Luisa

Unfortunately Johnny is not to be ours. The lady at the shelter didn't think Johnny was taking to us as he was getting distressed once out on the field with us so asked whether there were any others we were interested in. We mentioned about Lester and found there was a family trying to adopt him and she suggested we take Luisa for a walk and see what we thought of her. I um...I kinda fell for her :oops: She's very quiet and withdrawn at the moment but I think given time she'll come out of her shell. She's very jumpy about new things and new people but doesn't panic and after looking for a moment moves on. She's polite with other dogs but not obsessive about them as far as we've seen and she loves her fusses once she knows you.

Luisa isn't ours yet, she's home with us on a weeks trial to see how we get on with her in a home environment. It's difficult to get to know anything about her in the shelter because she's quite shut down. Right now she's curled up on Ruperts little sofa bed dozing off.
Erica

Re: We didn't get Johnny. But...

Post by Erica »

She looks adorable. <3 Best of luck to all of you! Keep us updated! :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

Well, although may be a bit disappointing outcome with Johny.. I have to give credit to the lady for taking placement seriously.. Good luck! Keep us posted.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Congratulations!

I've just put the description for Luisa into Google Translate and come up with:
In the wind one's ears so fly backwards, no wonder that one comes across not as good. 'm Luisa, a 3 year old mixed breed girl and well educated. I like cuddly. At the beginning I am only cautiously, but I thaw quickly. Children and other dogs are not a problem.
I love 'In the wind one's ears so fly backwards' :lol: 'I like cuddly' is a good approach to life too :wink:

I'm sure she'll blossom into a lovely happy lady with you :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I had a feeling we wouldn't get Johnny to be honest so I wasn't too disappointed. He's a lovely puppy but if we're not the right home then we're not the right home. We met Luisa the other day but she was pushed aside by her much more confident cage mate. She looked a little horrified at the prospect of being taken a walk by us at first but she very quickly warmed up to me and covered me in muddy paw prints :lol: She's a little more wary of Calvin but will go to him for fusses. At the moment we're just letting her hang out and get used to us, don't want to be too full on with her.
MissCarla

Post by MissCarla »

What a lovely girl! And she's so fortunate to have found you!
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

if she stays, boy will she have landed on all four paws.

very lucky girl to be with you guys, if you feel she is the one...here is hoping things work out. fingers and paws are crossed still
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

She's lovely Sarah! If it's meant to be, it will all work out for sure. I love her name!! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Here's hoping it works out for you all, and looking forward to hearing stories as her personality comes out more :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Thanks all :mrgreen: I've taken her for her first walk here and we ran into a dog who lunged and snarled at her, she looked up then went back to sniffing the grass. She doesn't walk too badly on leash, doesn't walk to heel but doesn't try to pull you along either. The crossing over from one side to another I'll sort out when she's more settled with us. She's eaten, seems to love her grub but is very gentle taking food from your hand. She certainly seems to like Ruperts sofa bed and keeps going back to it after coming to us for fusses or going out.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

oh, no...we can't have her NOT worried about other dogs...You just won't know what to do with your self :twisted: :lol:
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I won't will I? :lol:

Very successful first night. For her anyway, I've managed to get about an hours sleep. She quite happily slept on her bed in our bedroom most of the night. Then when hubbys snoring (and her terrible gas!) got too much and I went into the spare room she crashed on a bed in the front room. Woke me up at half 7 when hubby got up to go to work.

Oh, and apparently my feet smell. Moved her water bowl into the bedroom for the night and there was a sock near it, all screwed up from the washing machine. Well she didn't like it one bit. She kept whacking it with her nose, snorting, jumping back and then whacking it again until it eventually got wedged between the wardrobe and a cardboard box :shock:
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Sarah83 wrote:(and her terrible gas!)
Do I feel a raw diet coming on :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Probably not raw as it's so expensive out here but if she stays she will certainly be switched to a high quality kibble! At the moment she's on what the shelter gave us which is a mixture of all sorts, I don't want to change her food now and her to have an upset tummy if she does have to go back. She's not actually ours yet after all. I can't see her going back unless we fail the home check though :wink:
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Sarah83 wrote: I can't see her going back unless we fail the home check though :wink:
Just make sure the socks are put away for inspection day :lol:

I'm so glad it's going smoothly. She sounds like a delightful dog, and a Nanny dog to boot. I bet she is going
to have quite the sense of humor once she has been with you a bit longer. Congrats on your almost-home
new girl.