Gossip and Oya

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Horace's Mum

Gossip and Oya

Post by Horace's Mum »

Well I decided if you want to know how my babies are doing and watch them grow with me, I had better give them their own thread! I hope nobody minds :?

Went to visit again today, Princess Oya now has a headcollar on too - they had to go and buy her a new one cos they didn't have one small enough for her dainty princess head! She is still very shy and scared but is trying, and did very well having both front feet picked out and most of her body brushed or massaged.

Gossip on the other hand is steaming ahead, loves eating apples, had all four of his feet picked out (with a slight argument about one back leg!) and was brushed all over including his little bog brush of a fluffy tail. He is getting quite cuddly too, as long as you avoid the odd attempted nibble!

They have less than 2 weeks now until their first show and then they come home. Hmmm.

Here's some photos, in age order. The ones in the field are 3 months, the last ones of each of them are today, at 5 months.

Gossip:

And Oya (not so many or as good because she likes to hide!)

And just because I love it, my two fluffy bottoms!

JudyN

Re: Gossip and Oya

Post by JudyN »

Oh, they are gorgeous little cuddle monsters! Image
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

They are so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing. :D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

All I can say is those are some very lucky horse to have you looking after them.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Oh, they are delightful! I am so happy for you! Personally, I'm an unattractive shade of
foal-hungry green, but if you keep sharing them with us, I may get over it :)
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Looooooooovely! :) Do keep us updated and especially, more photos of fluffy bottoms!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Scrumptious! Thank you for sharing :D

I love the fluffy eeeeaaaarrrrrrssssssss
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Hello Horace's Mum *waves*, we didn't meet last time round as I've only recently become a dog owner. I love horses too (although I'm so excited at having a dog finally that I'm managing not to be jealous of your two beauties). Fascinating to hear bits about how you are training them, more pics please (and maybe a vid :D )
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Well thank you for such a lovely welcome to my babies! I have to say I love the fluffy bits too, but it's definitely Oya's ears that get me, so tiny but HUUUUGGEE fluffiness!! I haven't yet managed to get a photo of her that really captures them.

I have a video of Gossip's first kiss, but it is very long and probably very boring! I'll upload it anyway. Once they are home I will try and get some footage of them moving, because Oya has paces to die for.

I don't have many photos because they aren't with me yet, and I keep going down when it is dark so they don't come out properly. But they have their first show in 2 weeks so I will make sure my dad gets some good ones then! Then they are home with me and you will be begging me to stop posting lol.

Pennywhistle, feel free to be green, I had to get a dog to fill in the years I have been ponyless but never quite got over the loss of my girl - these foals have been a long time in dreaming and planning so I don't mind sharing them! Horus has taught me so much that I will transfer over, and I am so excited at the thought of clicker training them - Dolly (my old girly) fell ill just as I discovered it and I never got chance to try it with her, she would have been fab. It will be a novel experience to use an actual clicker though! Probably make myself jump with the noise :lol: :lol: :lol:.
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

No more photos today but soooo chuffed! Both ponies much easier to catch in the stable. Gossip walking nicely in the stable so we took him out onto the yard (first time in a month!) to give Oya space to do her bunny-hopping, but she soon folowed us out, still alternating between standing like a rock and being a giant bunny rabbit! Goss on the other hand was walking beautifully after a few mins, and even managed to trot round the yard with me!

Both had a full groom today, Goss with the rope through the ring and me just holding the other end, so basically tied up. Oya not quite at that stage yet, and still have to be very gentle, but she is soooo beautiful I can forgive her. Both had all four feet picked out, Oya was perfect but Gossip had a bit of an argument with his back feet, but not for long. Gossip even let me spray coat shine on his ears and gently tease out the big knots in them!

One week from now they will be home with me, having had their first show. So excited!! I'll make up for lack of photos then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Photos from today! They were fab, we took them out of the yard and walked them round the village green. Gossip is getting rather good at this walking malarkey, Oya is good until she suddenly realises she is moving and then plants her feet again! Both had a good groom again, Gossip only tried to kick out once with one back foot lol Oya is perfect, but that's her all over :roll: :)

thepennywhistle

Oh, aren't they beautiful! And brave. Ear mats are something I've never had to contend with,
but it surely takes a brave baby to deal with that! Glad all is going smoothly.

And what kind of show are they entered in?
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

They are entered in a fell foal show (try saying that quickly!), there are just two classes for colts and fillies, all this years foals.

They have such incredibly fluffy ears they have all sorts of gunk in them, I don't know what I was more impressed with, him letting me pull the hair or letting me spray right on each ear - lots of adults won't let spray bottles anywhere near them, let alone right by the ear! Oya's are even fluffier but fortunately that means you can't see the gunk in hers :lol:

5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!
thepennywhistle

Hey, how did things go with the Fall Fell Foal Show? Love to hear how your charming fluffy foals
fared in their big debut :)
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Sorry, been so busy haven't had chance to update! Will do so later today and put more photos up 8)