Major setback!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mattie

Post by Mattie »

You are going to have to be mum and stop the over the top play, that means the dragging round by a body part :lol: Over the top playing leads to fighting and the more they fight the more they will fight.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

couple of days in and it's getting better :)
I have stepped in when Teagan has over-stepped the mark (too aggressive snaps, tail pulling etc) and both dogs are spending longer sleeping and also seem happy to wander round the house separately (the first day or two they literally would NOT leave each other alone - as I type Teagan is curled up next to me and the Lhasa is dozing on the stairs). There is still the odd bit of snarling, from both dogs.
The Lhasa also seems to have found his limit and has also found that biting Teagan's ears stops her pulling his tail - not really something I want to encourage but for now she is accepting his warnings (did just ignore him and carry on jumping allover him pulling at various body parts) and so there is less noise and less tail pulling all round.
She has learned where the toilet is and seems comfortable now, no more pees on beds. The lhasa still seems to like pooing in the living room though - and from talking to the other girl who shares the house he does not make any noise or 'ask' to be let out, whereas Teagan will let you know she needs the loo. I know I am going to end up toilet training him properly in the new house. Probably clipping him too, the poor thing is so matted and tangled because his owner can't be bothered grooming him properly. But so far it's going reasonably well :)
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

And now things have got worse!

Current tenancy we needed to stick out until 30th June. Teagan has chewed up the kitchen and the girls have had enough.

I have to find somewhere to live with Teagan on my own or I can live with them if she goes. I can't lose her.

Does anyone have any links for dog sitters/walkers/creches I could look into while I am on placement? I finish in September then I will have plenty of time to spend with her. I am in Hull.

I am totally desperate please help
simpleprincess

Post by simpleprincess »

I was following this whole story and its sos ad it comes tot his, i would but im in the southwest. I feel sorry for that lhasa that girl should not have that dog,she doesnt care for it properly.
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

simpleprincess wrote:I was following this whole story and its sos ad it comes tot his, i would but im in the southwest. I feel sorry for that lhasa that girl should not have that dog,she doesnt care for it properly.
Thanks - I know, it's a nightmare! Got sorted now though and Teagan won't have to go anywhere although a guy at training class has offered to help out if needs be.

Would love to do something about the lhasa but I don't know what - poor guy's started walking funny because his claws have grown so long the pads of his feet are not flat on the floor javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

[quote="danabanana
Would love to do something about the lhasa but I don't know what - poor guy's started walking funny because his claws have grown so long the pads of his feet are not flat on the floor javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad[/quote]

Report it, at least the dog will have a chance then.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]