Another Guess the Breed.

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

horza

Another Guess the Breed.

Post by horza »

Hi

I have two dogs, one beautiful greonendal, who is in some of the pictures and 10 month old german shepard cossed with ??????.

a bit of her story, we got her from a resuce, 11 puppies and the mother had been abandand there. we got to see the mum and as far as i could tell she was pretty much a full german shepard. (my family had a german shepard when i was growing up). the resuce thought she was crossed with a lab, and if u look at the puppy pictures it looked likely.

But now she is just way to small.

if anyone is familar with the sally hopkins perfect fit harness she wears a S front, M top and L girth, (it took alot of sending back to get that right :) )

looking forward to your ideas
Natalie

P.S sorry about the edits trying to get the last photo to fit on
Nettle

Re: Another Guess the Breed.

Post by Nettle »

Isn't she pretty! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
BLM

Post by BLM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess beagle? The size and ear structure make me think beagle.
horza

Post by horza »

thanks Nettle, they are both lovely.

Sheba is ALWAYS sniffing around, and always has something in her mouth, she is very intelligent, and picks up comand really quickly.

It's funny you mention her ears, they are a bit of stnading joke in the family they are just sooo funny. both of them never point upwards. sometimes one is up and the other kind of goes sidewides, they are just all over the place.

just had a quick look at the beagle, and i can see were your coming from with the size and ears, ill have a further look into them tomorrow. (but thinking of the logistics of beagle and GSD mating does make me laugh a bit)

i dont really mind what she is, but i do wonder

Thanks for the responses so far
Natalie
horza

Post by horza »

Thanks

Just put the picture of beagle next to Sheba and i really think your right,

Thanks
Natalie
Gordiesmom

Post by Gordiesmom »

I'm guessing lap by the muzzle but a had to have been a lab mix, and I do see begal. She is a beauty! I once adopted a domberman / schnauzer puppy! It looked like a baby deer with long hair on it's face. And your Belgian is Gorgeous love the way she looks like she's posing in pictures. Gordie is the same way!
nightsrainfall

Post by nightsrainfall »

I was guessing lab mix with german shepard.

Since 10 month is still a puppy body, it'd be interesting to see what the body structure is in a year to two years - that should tell you more if it's beagle, lab, or something else entirely. :-)
- Anna

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~ Roger A. Caras
horza

Post by horza »

Hi

i just think shes too small to be a lab x GSD, but ive been reading a little bit about the beagle and im sold, i was prety sure she was some type of hunting breed, as she is always sniffing and hunting, she makes me laugh when she "stalks" tasha, kind of commando crawling up to her.

Thanks everyone
Natalie
DawnStorm

Post by DawnStorm »

horza wrote:thanks Nettle, they are both lovely.

(but thinking of the logistics of beagle and GSD mating does make me laugh a bit)
Me too--I just hope that the GSD was the mom! :shock:
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
Erica

Post by Erica »

The GSD was the mom - one of the owner's posts mentioned that they saw the mom at the shelter and she looked full GSD. :)

Otherwise, wow! Gorgeous dog. Hope you enjoy her! I agree that the ears do look pretty beagle-ish. Her muzzle is a lot more rounded than a GSD, both in profile and straight-on.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

How tall is she? She doesn't look that much smaller than your Belgian in those pics. Field bred labs can look quite different from the sort of lab you'd see waddling round the show ring at Crufts.
springchowie11

Post by springchowie11 »

The last photo definetley looks like he has German Shepherd in him. :lol:
springchowie11
springchowie11

Post by springchowie11 »

maybe a german short hair shepherd pointer
springchowie11
doggylover6

Post by doggylover6 »

It looks like a Labrador Retriever cross to me :D
Vicky+Oakley

Post by Vicky+Oakley »

in the side view of her (btw she is gorge!! both of them! :L ) look at the very thick dense? (i think dense is the right word :L) of the tail espesh at the base and the lower back is VERY LAB!! the head although could poss be collie ishh?? so maybe labxcollie and gsd?? x