This past week I....

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DawnStorm

This past week I....

Post by DawnStorm »

....gave my two dogs a bath. Outside. It was certainly hot enough! I also learned that you do not blast the gunk off your deck while you're waiting for the shampoo to do its thing--unless you want to rewash the dog. :oops:
Anyway, Flanders is fluffy for now, and both dogs are clean!
Once the dogs were clean and romping about in the yard, I did clean off the deck.
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
wvvdiup1

Re: This past week I....

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I had to give my dog another bath, too, after she laid underneath my pickup truck. Since it was hot, I gave her a bath outside. One mistake I made was laying the nozzle end of the water hose down in which she picked up in her mouth and squeezed the trigger and I got a cold shower! :shock: I think she was telling me I needed a bath too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

WAAAAAY too hot here to bathe Max outside. :lol: Max uses my bath tub. I was giving him a quick shower before we went to this dog show/expo thing. I use one of those detatchable shower heads.I learned that unless I wanted a shower as well to point it away from me before turning on the water. :lol: :roll:
--dontpugme
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

My dogs both got a bath in the lake yesterday-- shampoo not necessary. I learned that it is necessary to vacuum out the car after the ride home. :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I also learned to be careful of behavior chains I set up. When I'm done giving Max his bath, usually I'll have him drip in the tub for a little while. Then I'll dry my hands on his towel and invite him out of the tub. This time, I shampooed him up, then for some reason I rinsed my hands and wiped them on his towel. I guess he saw that as his cue and he jumped out of the tub covered in suds. I was REALLY glad I hadn't changed to leave the house yet because there were bubbles EVERYWHERE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
--dontpugme
DawnStorm

Post by DawnStorm »

Don'tPugMe, you should've gotten that on tape!
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

DawnStorm wrote:Don'tPugMe, you should've gotten that on tape!
I did just get a new waterproof camera.....hahaha
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Dontpugme wrote: I did just get a new waterproof camera.....hahaha
I hope someone got that on camera, especially your new waterproof camera! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown