Lets See Them....... pictures of your dogs.

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Thank you Ocelot. So, you have a Dobe! Aren't they a wonderful breed? So you get "goosed" by your Dobe.

Lyric was so good natured and he loved Chulita...nothing she did could possibly put him off. He loved playing with her and was so gentle...such a sweet natured boy he was.

What he's doing is pressing against the vertical edge of the counter. He didn't chew or anything, just lean and press until he nose smooshed up like that and sometimes his teeth showed. He would stare at his food bowl or something else that looked good. The first time he did that, I laughed sooooo hard. That was all it took for him to repeat that over and over. It just struck me as the cutest, comical thing. Here's another shot from more distance:

I want pop corn!
Training with my mind, not my hands.
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

'Goosing' eh? I like it! That is such a silly little move your boy had there. How funny! I really do believe that some dogs have a sense of humour, I know mine does.

Yes I am indeed a Dobie owner and I see you have found Ellie's birthday thread, thank you very much for your nice comments. Dobie's are fab and they became my favourite breed when I accidently adopted one as a teenager. They weren't at all what I expected temperament wise and I found my first Dobe was unbelieveably affectionate. I must say that Ellie is even more so, a real softie.

That said I am not 'breed-ist' though and wouldn't claim that Dobies are better than any other breed, they just happen to be my favourite. If I had a choice I would have one of about seven different breeds, but might need a bigger house first!!
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Yup....."goosing." It must be an American expression. It's when someone comes up behind you and grabs your back side....like a goose! I get such a kick out of some of the slang or expressions the English use. It's fun to see the different terminology from around the world.

I totally agree with you about dogs having a sense of humor. I saw so much "evidence" of this, especially with my Doberman. It was as though he were thinking up ways he could make me laugh.....every single day. "Hmmmm, that isn't working? OK, how about this? Isn't this funny?" Who knows what they're really thinking. But it sure appears that way. I even wrote a little prose on that very thing he did, along with some other poems about my dear boy.

I know what you mean about wanting a big, huge house so you can get one of just about every breed. LOL. Wouldn't that be fun? But yes....so far, after having several dogs of various breeds, I haven't come across one that is as fabulous (to me) as a Doberman. They have so many qualities that I love and everything that dogs are.....is intensified in the Doberman. (I think) They're just a whole lot of dog.....extremely playful, goofy, terribly affectionate, so loyal, sensible and so funny.
Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie »

Raven from fat squidgy 7 week old puppy to grown up show dog and giving his father below a run for his money :wink:

Bilclarie Dobermann's
If it's not a Dobermann it's just a dog
www.bilclarie.com
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/bilclarie/untitled.jpg[/img]
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Oh how lovely Mo!! Look at the size of those puppy paws :lol:
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Oooooooooo....such a cute puppy picture and beautiful adults. Just lovely!
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Oh cockercharlie, your pup is indeed 'tres belle'. What a cutie!
CockerCharlie

Post by CockerCharlie »

She is alittle sweetie, that was until this morning at 7am waking us up lol, no she really is a good girl.
Maddie'sMom

Post by Maddie'sMom »

*waves* Hi Carrie! :P

beautiful dogs everyone!!!

Here's my Maddie:

and (the-harder-to-photograph) Missy:
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Gosh waht beautiful dogs Maddiesmom!! Is Maddie a spaniel? She is very curly!! :D
Maddie'sMom

Post by Maddie'sMom »

:D Thanks!

yup... she's an (american) Cocker
Her hair is actually fairly straight... but it curls when it gets wet :P
Here's a pic of her recently groomed (its an old pic, but thats ok lol)
Rusky

Post by Rusky »

here are a couple of pics of my two. Rusky the malamute, Guinness the lab x kelpie and Oscar is my grandson :D sharpei cross. Both Oscar and Guinness were in home based foster care and what we call 'failed rescues' couldn't be given up. After years of foster and rescue with one group or another I just couldn't let Guinness go..plus Rusky loves him :D

Rusky getting beaten up by the young uns :D
Mila

My Kids

Post by Mila »

Okay here are some pictures of my crew

Fallon

Talena

Lucky

When I found Lucky he looked like this. I couldn't not take him in

agilitypassion92

Post by agilitypassion92 »

here's my rescue mutt Shimmer

we do some disc for fun and lots of tricks but our main thing is agility =) we are currently competing in NADAC and USDAA in Texas and her registered name with her titles is My Time To Shine NAC "Shimmer"