**Wave**

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Leigha

**Wave**

Post by Leigha »

Since it's been foooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeever since I popped by, I thought I'd say hi :D I hope everyone is doing well! We're doing pretty well, super busy mostly. My old farty weenies are still hanging in there. Bruiser still loves his Miss Dixie (even more so since the little tart's in heat), and Miss Dixie is sweet as ever. She adores our neighbors little boy and isn't afraid of strangers anymore.

I really do have a reason for being away...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/detiber/56 ... hotostream
I've been a little busy :)

I was due Tuesday, May 3rd, but had my son (Victor Thomas) on April 9th. I had a great pregnancy. I went to my 36 week appointment and they noticed I had a tiny trace of protein in my urine and elevated BP so they sent me to labor & delivery immediately for bedrest and monitoring. I went to the hospital, checked in at 5:30 or so. They did blood work and my doctor came back and said I'd failed my liver panels which meant I had severe pre-eclampsia and had to deliver my little boy. They started pitocin at 10:30pm, my water broke at midnight on it's own, and by 5:45am I wanted to push, but I still had about half a cm to go. At 6:00am they let me push and at 6:09am my baby was here. I am so proud of myself and my husband for being able to manage my pain without needing an epidural. That was my goal the whole pregnancy and I was so scared that induction was going to take that away.

I am so in love with this boy it's insane. Here he is at 8 weeks old-- http://meettheburks.com/portraits/babie ... rville-nc/

The weenies like him. Kole started guarding V from Lu, but we've fixed that. Lu doesn't like if he cries and will lick him all over if he does and then look at me like "fix it!!" Bruiser couldn't care less. He sniffs him and carries on with whatever he was doing. He's not afraid, just indifferent. Dixie thinks she is a much better mother than me and that I should let her raise him. We have to watch her around him because she gets so excited and inadvertently rough. We let her sniff him and kiss his feet or the top of his head, but sometimes she'll try to jump up in my lap or on me to get to him. I don't at all think she wants to hurt him. She's great with our neighbors 1 year old. When we first brought V home she wouldn't leave my bedroom door, J had to carry her downstairs to get her to go potty.

So anywho, just wanted to say hi!! I PROMISE I'll try to check in more!!
Nettle

Re: **Wave**

Post by Nettle »

Hi there, great to hear from you, no, great to hear from you.

Sounds like the dogs have it all worked out and that's due to your preparation - well done :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

hey, nice to hear from you.

What a hansom fella that Victor is. :P

Dixie probably figures she knows better considering all the puppies she has raised already...just one pup..your an amateur step aside and let the "old" lady show you how it's done :lol:
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Speaking of the pups-- here's one of 'em http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Hound-11183401
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I'm in love with that pup! Nice to hear from you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
--dontpugme
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Wow, great to hear from you! I think we need a forum babies thread or something (and to hoik back some of the other errant wandering Positively.com-ers who have had their people-pups and strayed a bit!!).

Great to hear the dogs are doing well with the new funny pink puppy too :) dont be a stranger now!!!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Congratulations on your new addition, it is lovely to hear from you again and your new baby is adorable. Make the most of him, times goes far too quickly. :lol:

It is down to you that your dogs are so good with Victor, he is a very lucky boy.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Desiree

Post by Desiree »

He is adorable and congrats! I'm glad the dogs are doing so good with him. I am jealous simply b/c I am so ready to be done being pregnant. Its entirely too hot for this. I am so happy for you.
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

He is so precious! Congratulations!
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Nice to hear from you and it's good to hear you're doing well, Leigha!:) Victor is a handsome boy! :D I can't help noticing a lot of couples have of their baby's pictures with the baby lying naked on a blanket, which I'm sure our parents have pictures like that with each of us in that position! :lol:

I clicked on the link that you (Leigha) provided and got a pic/video of a beagle. I love beagles! :D However, I'm hoping I had the right picture/video... :wink:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

That's weird... when i click it I get the video of Jethro.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I'm getting the video of Jethro and falling in love with this hound! :lol:
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

He was one of Dixie's puppers.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:I'm getting the video of Jethro and falling in love with this hound! :lol:
Go and get him then, you know he has had an excelent start and I am sure Karma will love to have a boyfriend. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Mattie wrote: Go and get him then, you know he has had an excelent start and I am sure Karma will love to have a boyfriend.

Karma already has a boyfriend (it's one of my neighbor's) and she has already told him who wears "the pants" in the family! Image