Which dog food compares best to blue for a lower cost?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Vallone530

Which dog food compares best to blue for a lower cost?

Post by Vallone530 »

I feed my dog blue buffalo and my sister is getting a blood hound and they were gong ho on blue buff buff until they saw the price any suggestions would be helpful thank you.
maximoo

Re: Which dog food compares best to blue for a lower cost?

Post by maximoo »

Kirklands sold @ costco
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I respectfully suggest that you tell your sister good food=good health and good behaviour, and that it is folly to buy food by price rather than excellence.

Our dogs should have the best food out there, which isn't necessarily the most expensive but sure won't be cheap. Money saved on food will be spend ten times over on vet fees and training if the food is inferior.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Kirklands has no fillers or corn Its chicken or lamb, vegetables & rice. I feel it is very similar to blue buff. My max luvs it! Go chk it out.
brandypup

Post by brandypup »

I used to like Chicken Soup food. The cost was great, the ingred great for that cost.
I feed raw now. 80$ 2 dogs and 5 cats.
Connie
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Kirklands & Chicken Soup is made by the same co--Diamond. Max did not like Chicken soup that much. He loves Kirklands tho.
Vallone530

Post by Vallone530 »

I know I told her she shouldn't be getting a dog is she's afraid of dog food cost. As some of you may Know I take care of Beau which was her past dog. Don't mind me if I vent a little. I am totally against her getting another dog, but she did I could not talk her out of it she couldn't take care of beau and she just got a blood hound. I went over there and he would only eat treats from me. I don't know why. Hopefully Earl Doesn't end up like beau did. They only thing I can to is try to help them out. thank you
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Well done for trying, Vallone. You did your best.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

you can only do what you can do.

in my area a 13 pound bag of blue buffalo, 13 pound of EVO or 13 pounds of Beneful (being an example of "big brand name" with fillers) are all right about the same cost..why wouldn't you ditch the brand name with fillers for something better? if cost is your only factor that is.