Sneezing

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Sneezing

Post by danabanana »

I've noticed Teagan sneezing a lot - all day yesterday and she's still at it this morning. She seems fine in herself, no dry nose or runny eyes or anything either. Being a beagle she does sneeze now and again after a good snuffle in the park, but this has gone on longer. Can't think of anything different in the house other than it being bl@@dy freezing!
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

Worst case scenarios are: kennel cough (which is often more like kennel sneeze) or summat stuck up her nose.

If KC it's like a cold with us - not very nice but a healthy dog gets over it no trouble. However it IS very infectious so no exercising where other dogs go.

If something up nose, this will either get sneezed out or ......... not. If not, it can get a bit tricky. Bach remedy Crab Apple and homeopathic Silica are both very good for expelling foreign matter, and if I get a sneezy dog I'll use both of these.

After 24 hours it will either be better or worse, and then you will know which way to go.

Otherwise it may be a pollen allergy, though it's a bit early in the year for that. Once oilseed rape starts to flower, a lot of dogs get snotty.

If doggie starts to get conjunctivitis as well, off to the vet with you both.

Hope it's something easy and gets sneezed out.
Find the cause, find the cure.

A dog is never 'bad' or 'naughty'. It is simply behaving like a dog.
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

Thanks OB - seems to have settled today, maybe it was a piece of the Lhasa's fluff or something