Neutering

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Neutering

Post by danabanana »

I have a ***** so this is not for me...

but on another forum people are talking about their dogs not lifting their legs to pee. A lot seem to have had their dogs neutered at 5 or 6 months of age, which seems very young to me. Do early-neutered males never learn to lift their legs? Does this have any implications in the not peeing up lampposts doggy language kinda way?

Just curious...
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Hi, they do learn eventually!! .. but I;ve always had extra large pooches, they do pee high up and they also squat!
I think it's a case of why wobble on 3 when you can stand on 4 and have a good look about at the same time! :lol:

PS Have a look at www.ridgebackchat.com and the thread "he's lifted"!! It's on the same subject - I often hang around there... having a ridgie and all that!! :lol:

Fi
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

Big dogs sometimes prefer to stretch out and pee like horses.
Find the cause, find the cure.

A dog is never 'bad' or 'naughty'. It is simply behaving like a dog.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Merlin my Greyhound doesn't **** his leg but I am now thinking there is something wrong with either his spine or back legs. I have been watching him and some days his movement is very stilted, he doesn't step under his body properly and his joints don't bend equally, his hock hardly bends.

I am taking him to the vets later this week because of this.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Maxy24

Post by Maxy24 »

Max was neutered before we got him at 4 months and did not start lifting his leg until he was probably 2 years old.