Ok for dog to sleep with us?

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

chay

Re: Ok for dog to sleep with us?

Post by chay »

emmabeth wrote:
Finally (i could go on forever but i wont)...
seriously, i LOVE reading your posts so much so please feel free :) the analogy with toddlers is spot on.

re: thread topic, yep our little one was right on the bed from the first night home, snoring happily the entire night. the only "problem" i have is that she decided she liked my pillow to sleep on...so i got another one and now she has that one! terrible, terrible conundrum and clearly indicative of dominance/world takeover ( :roll: )
Whitefang

Post by Whitefang »

Last edited by Whitefang on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
chay

Post by chay »

Whitefang wrote: A couple days ago she fell asleep on my carpet with her back paws in my fluffy slippers! I wish I had my camera, she looked precious.
yep, you're done for

today, the fluffy slippers...tomorrow, THE WORLD! :P
Whitefang

Post by Whitefang »

Last edited by Whitefang on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beckyyy

Post by Beckyyy »

I used to have our family dog on my bed (much to my mothers annoyance) when I was a kid. We both enjoyed the company and warmth!

My own dog now only sleeps downstairs, as he's a Great Dane I (one) don't want him hurting himself getting up and down the stairs as he's a big lump and (two) he'd take up the entire bed if he was on ours :lol: As long as you (and/or OH) are happy with it, and your dog knows that it needs to get off the bed when you tell it to, I don't see it as a problem, especially during those cold Winter nights!