Park Grass

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Kalo

Park Grass

Post by Kalo »

Hi Everyone!

I have a Cava Poo and I walk her EVERYDAY at the park. The problem is my Mom is allergic to grass and it seems that she is becoming extremeley itchy when petting Cuddles.

After our walks, I brush Cuddles, but that doesn't seem to be working? Anything else I can do? I am wondering if giving her a bath once week would help?

Thanks,

Kalo
Noobs

Re: Park Grass

Post by Noobs »

Baby wipes? That's what I use on Murph (followed Mattie's lead on that one) instead of baths.
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

A bath would remove any allergens, dander, etc. on her skin. If Cuddles' fur is really dense and waterproof (like a Poodle's), baby wipes or waterless shampoo aren't gonna cut it, but you could use those products on her paws. :)
runlikethewind

Post by runlikethewind »

Microfibre cloths are good too
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Wicket wrote:A bath would remove any allergens, dander, etc. on her skin. If Cuddles' fur is really dense and waterproof (like a Poodle's), baby wipes or waterless shampoo aren't gonna cut it, but you could use those products on her paws. :)
Wicket, I think Cuddles has a cross mix of Cavalier Spaniel hair and poodle hair...She is more wavy! Ugh, I brush her every day as well...Well today was the first day that I gave her a bath so we shall see what happens.
Noobs wrote:Baby wipes? That's what I use on Murph (followed Mattie's lead on that one) instead of baths.
Ya mean honest to goodness baby wipes??? Okay, please don't think I am stupid, but, would I use them on her paws only. Her whole fur is what needs help! I brush her every day as well.

Thanks

Kalo
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I'm sure you could wipe her whole body with the baby wipes (or even a wet cloth) :wink:
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Okay,

So, by using baby wipes it will remove the allergians. I hope so. One more other thing is that Cuddles has that Cava Poo hair and after her roll in the grass she gets these little burros stuck in her fur :(

I brush her like crazy and even pull gently to take them out, I am thinking that those are also making my Mom allergic. Yesterday, I gave her a bath and the burros came out and whatever was left, I gently pulled then out.

She is soft and smells really good, but, I want her to enjoy the outdoors and play with her friend. I don't want to stop her from being a dog and having fun.

My Mom suggested I walk her every other day. I don't know if that is going to help, but...

Anyways, thanks and I'll try the baby wipes!

Kalo
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

There's no guarantee the baby wipes will remove the allergens but it's worth a shot. And yes I use them for Murphy's paws and his whole body.
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Thanks All,

I'll try the wipes and see what happens. It's worth a shot that is for sure!

Kalo