Does This Look Right?

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ChubbyPuppy74

Does This Look Right?

Post by ChubbyPuppy74 »

I have a female bloodhound, she is 3 years old. And i just purchased a easy walk harness in large. She her grith chest of 26-27. This is the first time i have used this thing and i was wondering if this looked ok or i needed a small sizer. It's pretty snug except for the chest part, it kind slips down.
Attachments
DSC07307-1.jpg
DSC07307-1.jpg (53.9 KiB) Viewed 6258 times
Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

Zeldacorgi

Re: Does This Look Right?

Post by Zeldacorgi »

Actually, it looks to me like you need to adjust it to a bigger size or go bigger. The top is cutting into her back.
Zeldacorgi

Post by Zeldacorgi »

Zeldacorgi wrote:Actually, it looks to me like you need to adjust it to a bigger size or go bigger. The top is cutting into her back.
And looking at it again, the part that runs under that chest is also cutting into her.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I had one for my boy but the underside rubbed him so bad he got a bald spot & it was callousy. This is a bad fit for sure. May I ask why don't you use a regular collar?
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I wouldn't have thought it should be that tight under her legs, that's got to be uncomfortable.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

It's too tight on top and below. I had this problem with Murphy's easywalk. If I loosened it then the front hung too low and if I tightened it, it rubbed and chafed.

This is going to be uncomfortable. I know you already bought it but I would seriously consider a walkeez (fleece, doesn't touch under the armpits). If you are using the easywalk as an aid to keep your dog from pulling, then try the loose leash walking training and you should be able to stop your dog from pulling and walk her on a harness that isn't a "no-pull" design. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=858
ChubbyPuppy74

Post by ChubbyPuppy74 »

Thanks for every one's post, I got this harness because Mia is a puller, i do have the gentle leader head collar but she hates it! I did fix the harness, got some help from a friend. She is much better! :D
Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

jjphoenix

Post by jjphoenix »

maximoo wrote:I had one for my boy but the underside rubbed him so bad he got a bald spot & it was callousy. This is a bad fit for sure. May I ask why don't you use a regular collar?
i hate using collars for walking, i dont want the throat of my dog to be damaged hence why i dont use them.

I've never used a easywalk harness so i dont know how they're supposed to look, but it does look really small, have you got any photos of how it is now its re adjusted?
money can buy a dog but only love will wags its tail - DEED NOT BREED
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

These are them Jess, http://dog-games-shop.co.uk/harnesses-fleece-lined all my dogs have one.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
jjphoenix

Post by jjphoenix »

oh i didnt realise what they were called, they're great I have one of them for Raena
money can buy a dog but only love will wags its tail - DEED NOT BREED