Series Gone Forever???

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Palermo Stephano

Series Gone Forever???

Post by Palermo Stephano »

A few months ago, I recall reading on here that the show was to end. Forever. I even posted on said thread, yet I cannot find it.

Anyway, Victoria said this was indeed the case, and that the last series would be aired sometime before Xmas.

Has this yet happened?
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

There is a series on chanel 4 at 12.30pm from Monday to Friday. I don't know if these are repeats or a new series.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

The series currently airing daytimes on C4 is a repeat. There is another season yet to be aired which is currently scheduled to air in early 2008. More specific news on this and other projects will be posted on the homepage of this site when available.

Thank you,
BoardHost
Palermo Stephano

Post by Palermo Stephano »

BoardHost wrote:The series currently airing daytimes on C4 is a repeat. There is another season yet to be aired which is currently scheduled to air in early 2008. More specific news on this and other projects will be posted on the homepage of this site when available.

Thank you,
Thanks, I will look forward to seeing it.

Have you ever watched Dog Borstal, on BBC3?

I wonder what Victoria makes of the methods on there, and which of the three she feels resonates with her most, and furthermore, would she accept a role on that show, were it offered to her....

:idea:
louisa

Series 5

Post by louisa »

Is there any news on the new series yet ????
HenrysDad

Noooooooooooooooooo....

Post by HenrysDad »

The show's gone? But...but...I love this show. We're just getting it within this year here in the U.S. ;_____;

I've learned so much from so little time in having our puppy and watching Victoria.

So there's going to be a new show? When and where and sign me up for BBC America. >_>
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

As of now, It's Me or the Dog will not be shooting new episodes in the UK for Channel 4, but Channel 4 still has approximately 8 new episodes left to air. Airdates for these are still undetermined.

Animal Planet is currently showing all of the UK-based episodes, and is still premiering new (to the US) episodes at this point. There is a possibility of new US episodes sometime later this year.

Victoria is also working on a new project in the US now, details of which will be released shortly.

So while the UK will not be shooting any more new episodes of IMOTD, new episodes do still exist in both markets and the possibility for even more is very real. Hope that helps clarify things.

Best,
Last edited by BoardHost on Wed May 07, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoardHost
Me and my dogs

Love the show and hope to see more!

Post by Me and my dogs »

I just discovered this show about 8 months ago. I was at a behavior seminar to hear Jean Donaldson and everyone was talking about this show at break.

Until recently I've only caught occasional shows but now I can watch it faithfully.

I LOVE IT!

How exciting to finally see a real behaviorist w/ a TV show!

Now if they would just give Dr. Ian Dunbar or Dr. Patricia McConnell a show........................
The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanore Roosevelt
HenrysDad

Post by HenrysDad »

BoardHost wrote: There is a possibility of new US episodes sometime later this year.

Victoria is also working on a new project in the US now, details of which will be released shortly.

So while the UK will not be shooting any more new episodes of IMOTD, new episodes do still exist in both markets and the possibility for even more is very real. Hope that hopes clarify things.

Best,
AWESOME! Thank you and please tell Victoria thank you and that she's got at least one crazy U.S. fanman on the West Coast! :D :D :D :D :D
Me and my dogs

Post by Me and my dogs »

Hey hey now, HenrysDad!

What about me! :)

(and the fact that I plug this show to EVERYONE I meet - dog parks, the shelter I work at....... everywhere!)
The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanore Roosevelt
spanielsrule

Post by spanielsrule »

Now if they would just give Dr. Ian Dunbar or Dr. Patricia McConnell a show...............
Wow - a blast from the past! I've never seen Dr McConnell, but I used to love "Dogs with Dunbar"!
"No matter how little money, and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." (Louis Sabin)
LBF
Me and my dogs

Post by Me and my dogs »

Both of them still travel and speak.

Patricia McConnell put out another book a year or two ago and writes a regular column for The Bark magazine (best dog magazine EVER).

Dr. Ian Dunbar still speaks at events too but I think he's cut way back. I think he's getting ready to (shudder) retire. He's a good man w/ good info and, by golly, another trainer w/ a charming accent. :)
Maxy24

Post by Maxy24 »

Now if they would just give Dr. Ian Dunbar or Dr. Patricia McConnell a show...............
You can say that again! Dr. Ian Dunbar tried back in the day but was rejected, people always prefer the instant "miracles" provided by punishment based "trainers", it's such a shame that people think it actually works and sticks in such a short time.
louisa

LAST SERIES

Post by louisa »

The new series is on More 4 at 10.30am all this week 03/06/2008!!!