So who wants a good laugh?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

angel894

So who wants a good laugh?

Post by angel894 »

A few days ago we started clicker training with Baxter. I did the whole click-treat thing and he caught on quick! So over the last few days we've been working on some basics. Sit, stay, down, leave it and drop it. The last two are very important with a toddler in the house. I do training after the kid is in bed, or nothing will get done. Anyway, Daddy left the clicker where our son could reach it. I'm in the kitchen and I hear "Gabe, drop it!" Only our kid is not well trained. So I hear giggles and clicks like mad. A grown man running. And as soon as the first click hit, the dog came to me. I remember reading you should treat even on accidental clicks so the dog doesn't get confused. So I'm tossing the dog treats, my 2 year old is running and clicking and my husband is running after him fussing for our son to stop and drop it. It felt like it went on forever but I think it was only a minute or two. I ended up having to cut down on Bax's dinner...
Doglover42

Re: So who wants a good laugh?

Post by Doglover42 »

:lol: oh my!!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Oooooooops! Start clicker training that kid to drop and leave too :lol:

Top marks to you though for thinking to reward Baxter for hearing the clicks - really good stuff!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Kudos for thinking fast on your feet and dealing with giving Baxter treats so as not to ruin the click! I guess you were ready to add distractions to your training! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

to funny.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown