Success Story from Across the Pond

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

SweetPea

Success Story from Across the Pond

Post by SweetPea »

Hello, Everyone!

I thought you would enjoy reading my 13 year-old daughter's school essay about her success with Victoria Stillwell's methods.

From Georgia, USA

Kay O.

Did you ever have a dog that was a complete terror—one that was a demon dog over which you had zero control? Well, Victoria Stillwell, a famous dog handler from England, helped me train my own “hound from hellâ€
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

What a great essay and I'm so pleased that things have gone well with the training. It's always really important to train with kindess and respect. To be an effective leader you have to be someone your dog wants to follow. I like to instill confidence in the dogs I train. Sometimes there is a confusion that training is about making your dog submissive so that it realises its place and behaves because of that. I don't like to make dogs submissive, I like to show them an alternative way to behave. that is where the confidence comes in. Confident dogs have a level of security that enables them to cope in any situation. Submissive dogs live with a certain amount of fear so confidence is the word not submission. However I still thought the essay was great and I am so glad that it helped.