Kia Ora from New Zealand.

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Stu

Kia Ora from New Zealand.

Post by Stu »

Hi Folks.

I thought I'd introduce myself and my guys. My partner and I have a 5 year old Malamute female called Willow and have recently added a 10 week old male, Oakley, to our pack. We're still getting to grips with house training but in general Oakley is peeing and pooping more outside the house than in. As long as that ratio continues to rise we'll all be fine. We were pretty spoilt with Willow who as a pup was (and still is as an adult) a chilled and unflappable girl. Oakley by contrast is a boisterous little fella who I'm sure will give us plenty to talk about as the weeks go by. Anyway, although we have 5 years experience with our girl, we'd welcome any 'top tips' from other Malamute owners.

Cheers,

Stu
Attachments
P6190115.jpeg
P6190115.jpeg (27.1 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
***Melissa***

Re: Kia Ora from New Zealand.

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi and welcome :D

They are both gorgeous.

Here's a link to a thread about house training with great tips: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6125
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Hi Kia!! Beautiful Malamutes!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi Kia and welcome to the forums! :D

I think you'll find Malumutes, just like Siberian Huskies and Akitas, to be boisterous not only in "puppyhood", but into adulthood as well! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Stu

Post by Stu »

Oops, OK, just to clear things up because I think a few things may have been lost in translation but 'Kia Ora' is the traditional welcome of the Maori, the indigenous people of Aotearoa (New Zealand). "Kia Ora" is like saying "hi" or "hello".

I just thought I'd clear that up. :wink:

Cheers,

Stu