Abby - My beautiful Orange Dog..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Abby - My beautiful Orange Dog..

Post by emmabeth »

Just to let you all know, I might be a bit not with it or maybe a bit short or maybe a bit soppy in the next few days!

Abby, my delightful, crazy, beautiful, bonkers saluki x, has come to the end of her reign. Tomorrow afternoon we have the vet booked to come here and let her go to the Rainbow Bridge, or the happy hunting ground, or wherever it is good dogs go..

She has been teh best dog anyone could ever have and she has taught me so much, but now aged 15 she has had enough of her ancient body and aches and pains so its time to set her bright and naughty soul free and send her on her way.

Please, light a candle tomorrow , or hug your dogs, or do whatever feels right - treasure every moment with those you love, no matter what species, because it all ends, far too soon!

Ill put some pics up of her later when I can see to type (am howling again now!).
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Mattie

Re: Abby - My beautiful Orange Dog..

Post by Mattie »

{{{HUGS}}} Em, Reiki on the way to help Abby and for you to help you through.

What you can do for Abby tomorrow is to put your hands on her and wish her a peacefull crossing, it will help her, because you love her. Gracie, Joe and Merlin will be waiting for her and help her settle in.

Run free at the Bridge tomorrow Abby, your body will be young again.

I don't seem to be able to see dogs go now without crying. :cry:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Salomé

Post by Salomé »

Oh Emmabeth, I'm so, so sorry. While it may be the kindest thing to do for her, I know from personal experience that that is little solace or consolation when one's heart is breaking. I send you the biggest hug, and vibes of inner peace and strength to both you and Abby. I will light a candle for her and for you. I know she will soon be playing with my Kafka and all the other dogs that were once suffering, broken, or failing but who are now, young, vibrant, free of pain, illness or infirmity, and running like happy, joyful young pups in a never-ending game of chase to be followed by endless treats and kisses.

My heart is breaking with you, and you will be in my thoughts.
meggit

Post by meggit »

my thoughts and love will be with you bothnow and tommorow,and as mattie said she will have lots of friends waiting for her, and you will have lots of cyber hugs from all of us ((((((((((((((((((em)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

My thoughts and heart will be with you, Emmabeth. It is a courageous, selfless thing you are doing. ((((hugs))))
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

I am sooo sorry this day has come for you and abby.

have a case of wine on me.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Emmabeth, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this hard time.
It is a brave and loving thing you are doing, honoring Abby's need to
go on, but it's so hard being left behind. You'll both be in my thoughts
and prayers.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs your way, em.))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) She'll make many friends on rainbow bridge.
--dontpugme
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Oh my, Emmabeth I'm so sorry!!
Abby will be very happy on rainbow bridge with all her doggy friends! :)
:hug:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

This is how I want to remember her ..

Image (ill find the vid i took that from another day)...

and this

Both these pics a few years old now..

Ive just been out for our last trundle through the fields and woods behind my house. She had a good go at zooming, when Rocky belted off after a rabbit or something (i didnt see he just shot off like a little black and tan bullet and came back ten minutes later all filthy and grinning) and though she gave up it was nice to see that spirit and spark are still there (the way her back end was wobbling, i think it was JUST her spirit and saluki spark keeping her upright!). This is, if it must happen.. just how I want this to happen - I owe it to her to send her on her way before the aches and pains and indignities of old age take away that spark completely.

As much as my heart is screaming at me to keep her with me for another day, another week - I know that this would be for me and not for her. Shes ready to go now and I am ready to let her go, before her body lets her down any further.

This last week has been both heart wrenching and beautiful at the same time, and I am glad we could plan things and do it this way, as hard as it has been on the humans.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

she is gorgeous. Some excellent images to remember her by.
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

(((hugs))) Em, I'm thinking of you x
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

My thoughts are with you. Your beautiful Orange Dog will gather up her salukiness and grin that long grin as she flies across the land where there is always just enough "give" in the ground for fast running and handbrake turns. Then back in that jaunty jogtrot, scimitar tail waving.

You gave her so much, and this is the greatest gift of all - to let her go at the right time.

She has a lot of new friends waiting - a great golden dog and a shy silver dog of mine are there too, some lost puppies, and many more besides.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

You have started me crying again Em, Abby will always be with you, she is in your heart and will stay there, it is only her body that is going, her spirit lives on in you. She is has helped make you the person you are today, what she has taught you, you are now passing on to help others, this is her legacy, she will never leave you.

Nothing can take away the memories, they, like Abby, will always be there. {{{HUGS}}}
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

She's beautiful and you have given her a wonderful life :D
Everyone here is thinking of you and Abby as you both go through this and my heart goes out to you.
No more aches and pain for Abby, and no more for you having to see your beloved friend go through that.