car training

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

whatever

car training

Post by whatever »

Is there an episode with training dogs to travel in the car? If so let me know which one, pleaseee!
Leigha

Re: car training

Post by Leigha »

There are several. What problem are you having with your dog in the car?
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

I recall this episode when I think of car trouble as it was probably the worst I have ever seen on IMOTD and I even think Victoria said it was the worst she had ever seen.. the episode is "Great Dane Devotion" here is the clip:

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/its- ... -ever.html

I'm not sure if you can find the entire episode or not online, just thought I'd share the clip incase that is what you are experiencing!
whatever

Post by whatever »

thankyou i have a 5mth jack russell cross that constantly barks in the car i am trying tips that i have seen on the forum at the moment but i would like to see some traing in action. i dont think he is excited about beinng in the car. He has been barking ever since we first brought him home! Driving me nuts!!
RoseTyler

Post by RoseTyler »

I remember the first Episode where the doggies were fine in the car then they got snatched out of the car by a thief and then when the owner got her dogs back again, they barked NON stop in the car. =(.
What Victoria did in that case, was put them in a collapsible carrier, so, they felt safe.
The Great Danes, didn't she cover the windows a little?
Dogs are perfect at being dogs, people are perfect at screwing them up
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Hi whatever! Why don't you post about your JRT in the Advice section and give us a run-down of his daily routine. Fixing things in your daily routine may help with the barking. In other words, you want to stop one behavior, but it probably has a lot to do with everything your dog does (or doesn't!) do during the rest of his day. So post over there, there are lots of experienced dog owners, trainers, behaviorists, and the like, who can help you out.

viewforum.php?f=4