need new dog bowl

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dixie's mom

need new dog bowl

Post by dixie's mom »

Hi all

I am looking for a new dog bowl , but sort of like the elevated dog bowls at a reasonable price ! I love the ones that can hold the stainless steel bowls on each side and water / food ! where can i get one ? Can't seem to find one that would be her size for a chi?
Leigha

Re: need new dog bowl

Post by Leigha »

I got the one for our weenies at PetSmart, but it wasn't stainless, it was ceramic. PetSmart has several though. I'm sure most large chain pet stores have them.
dixie's mom

Post by dixie's mom »

Finally found a great dog bowl from local petstore its just getting it , its called a Neader Feeder , for 34.99 ! It would fit my chi perfectly !
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Why do you want a raised dog bowl? The last research I read was raising the food bowl doesn't make any difference to the dog's health, it was once thought that it stopped a dog getting bloat but this has now been disproved. Merlin doesn't like eating from a raised bowl, he had to when he had an operation on his spine for a short while but was really pleased to get back to his bowl on the floor.

It is personal preference, of your dog, if he prefers to eat from a rais bowl then let him, if he doesn't then let him eat with his bowl on the floor.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

34.99 for a bowl? :shock: