Potty Patch

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

pmcrae71

Potty Patch

Post by pmcrae71 »

I have seen the commercials for this and am wondering if any of you have tried it and if it works. Here in Florida, we get some really rainy days, especially during the summer, and want to know if this will be a good investment.
Leigha

Re: Potty Patch

Post by Leigha »

I don't know if it works, but Victoria got one for a person on one of her episodes--it even had a little fire hydrant on it :D
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I am thinking of putting up an awning or something so Max can have a semi dry place to potty. I feel your pain about the rain . I am south of you. The t-storms are fierce down here!
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

That they are! Really scary sometimes. I thought about that too, but Connor is sucha diva sometimes, he won't go out in the morning when the dew is on the grass. And Ozzy, well, he's Ozzy. He'd sleep out there if I let him, and the chow fur is nasty when it's wet...

I've thought about trying to litter train Connor. He really hates going potty outside. I don't really have an issue with going pee outside, just the poo he doesn't like to do. I was making great progress with him for about a month and all of a sudden, back to square one.
Momto2ShihTzus

Post by Momto2ShihTzus »

Harley is "wee-wee" pad trained. We have hardwood floors, rather than carpet so it's easier cleanup. That might be a solution. I have also seen the Potty Patch commercial and am wondering how good it works. Would love to have some feedback also.
A puppy is the only love that money can buy
Trixie Koontz
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

We have wood floors in the bedrooms and the office and ceramic tile every where else. We tried the pads and he'd wee and poo everywhere but on them. I tried cleaning up some of the wee with one of the pads and that didn't work. Still wee'd everywhere else. I think next pay day I am going to buy the potty patch and see how it works. I'll let you know.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Do you think the fire hydrant was for decoration or if it smelled of urine......
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

it was purely decoration. She suggested getting a bit of their pee and some poo to put on the potty patch so they'd figure out to go there.