Exercise & rainy days

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sequeena

Re: Exercise & rainy days

Post by Sequeena »

I love walking my trio in the rain but regret it when they're covered in mud lol!! It's all part of dog ownership and I wouldn't change it for anything :D
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Yes, he was fine while running around, but when we got back home he shivered - so I dried him with a towel as much as I could & gave him a RMB which I heated up a bit in the microwave.

Hihihi, I'll try to make one :) (with dodgy sewing skills & all)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

***Melissa*** wrote:Oh, that's very nice. We don't have a pet shop / something similar here, so I'll have to see if I can find any on the internet. He has a coat that he wears in winter-time, but it's not waterproof. It's summer now, and a normal day will be about 30 degrees (celcius). With the (unexpected) rainy weather it was about 15 degrees - VERY cold for us, LOL, maybe because we're used to hot & sunny days :D

That is too warm for a coat, when I am away in the caravan I do put waterproof coats on the dogs when raining but they are lightweight and cotton lined, 5 wet dogs in such a small area is rather smelly and damp :wink: You can make a coat out of towelling or a bath sheet to dry her when she is wet but be careful how long you leave it on, if she is dry she can over heat.

The coat Ellie has on I made, if I can make one so can you. You already have a coat, take a pattern off it in paper, transfer this to the material and cut round. Bind the edges with binding. The front can have a strap on or be sewn, and a strap made of material round the body.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Thanx, I'm definitely gonna try :)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams