Hi Im Sez

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sez88

Hi Im Sez

Post by sez88 »

Hey everyone,
Im Sarah, but all my friends call me Sez.
I live in Devon in the UK with my OH Matt and the latest addition to the household; Charlie our 11week Collie x Lab puppy.

After we had Charlie for a couple only a few days we wondered if we had made a mistake, we had so many people telling us we should training using x y and z. But thanks to the friendly people on this forum, perserverance and the use of positive training methods esp clicker training we now have a lovely little pup. :D

Sometimes he still drives us a little when he is having his mad moments but we are now know what to do about it. We now enjoying playing with him and walking him which tires him out meaning we then get to enjoy sleepy cuddles with him when we want to relax instead of pulling our hair out with a crazy pup. :)

We couldnt have done it without you guys, It scares me to think that without the support and reassurance from people on here its likely we would have given him to my Aunty and Uncle (who it turns out are avid C.M fans).
So Thanks, Im sure you will all help us out with future issues (he humped my leg yesterday :roll: ) hehe!
Enjoying life with our pup charlie...he had us at 'woof'!
sez88

Re: Hi Im Sez

Post by sez88 »

Sometimes he still drives us a little
I was meant to say sometimes he drives us a little crazy...
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

He's a beautiful puppy, Sez, and I'm sure he will turn out to be a dog you can proud of as you learn more and train your puppy using positive reinforcement! Just keep up the good work! Oh, by the way, you better break that habit of his of humping your legs, because that will be a problem later, especially when he humps "the wrong person!"
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I forgot to add: "Welcome back to the forums, Sez!"
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
sez88

Post by sez88 »

Yeah, im working on it. I did what I have seen Victoria do on her show, I just turned my back (as much as poss with him hanging on my leg!), folded my arms and looked away, it worked within seconds, he did it twice and hasnt done it since, ill just keep an eye on it.