Anyone going to Awareness Day?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

mspat

Anyone going to Awareness Day?

Post by mspat »

Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to Puppy Mill awareness day this Saturday 9-19 at Intercourse Community Park? I'm planning on going with my 3 westies as I really want to hear Victoria speak. I believe she's slotted from 2:30-3.
My goal in life is to be as good as a person my dog already thinks I am. -author unknown
GoofyDog2

Awareness Day and Woofstock

Post by GoofyDog2 »

I will probably go there but I'm definitely planning to go to Woofstock on Sunday. I've been able to do wonders with Mahlee and I plan to take her with me. Paul&Muttley also plan to be there. He told me I should let the forum members know, because he cannot post here anymore. If you want to email him his address is [email protected]. I'm looking forward to meeting Victoria and also helping to expose and eventually eliminate the nasty puppy mills. :( Maybe Mahlee can be a poster dog! :lol:
GoofyDog
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I might go to both, but at this time, I'm not sure because of my work schedule.

GoofyDog2, did your dog come from a puppy mill?

wvvdiup1
GoofyDog2

Post by GoofyDog2 »

Yes, I assume it was. I never dealt with the original Amish owners, however. They had someone else post an ad and handle phone calls. I think they were afraid that if they allowed people to come to their farm they might get in trouble. I'm just glad I was able to help this mother dog. :)
GoofyDog
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

From the Amish in Pennsylvania, Maryland, or where?

wvvdiup1
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Nevermind GoofyDog! I found the answer after rereading your posts, which I should have done first! :oops: DOAH!!!

wvvdiup1
mspat

Post by mspat »

What a great turn out at Puppy Mill Awareness Day. Lots of different rescue groups, & lots of dogs of course. Victoria's speech was brillant of course. I loved the comment she made regarding the "religious" and how could people who proclaim to be Christian treat dogs so unethically. (in so many words) Lancaster is a hot spot for puppy mills and most of the mills are run by the Amish. Strict Christian folks that live a simple life without electricity and modern conveniences for those that don't know. She also spoke on the movement to ban puppy mills around the world and how it's become a global issue.

I also got to meet Victoria and have her authograph her book. Absolutely a lovely lady! She even wished my Daisy a happy birthday!

All in all it was a beautiful day, lovely views of the country side and the community learned about the unethical treatment of dogs in mills. My 3 westies and I were exhausted when we got home.

I know she's at Woofstock today in Harrisburg. I'm sure that turn out will be phenominal as well. Thanks to Victoria & everyone that has worked to put these events together to spread the word.
My goal in life is to be as good as a person my dog already thinks I am. -author unknown
cookielover96

Post by cookielover96 »

thats cool did she talk to you about anything els.... i wish i could meet her one day :)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

mspat,
I see on Victoria's Facebook page the pictures taken there. Are you the one in the picture who's having their book signed by Victoria?

wvvdiup1
cookielover96

Post by cookielover96 »

Nope i didnt go, wish i could of though
mspat

Post by mspat »

No, that's not me in the facebook picture. Although I did get a similiar picture I'll post it later on.

Cookielover96 I actually spoke to her briefly about this forum and commented on how much I've learned from everyone here. I didn't want to take up too much of her time as she was being pulled in so many different directions.
cookielover96

Post by cookielover96 »

OOOO thats soo awsome wat did she say back????