HELP PLEASE!!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

cookielover96

HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by cookielover96 »

OK so about 4 days ago I was playing with my dog and I noticed that he wouldn't open one of his eyes. In the middle of playing my dog he would scratch his eye. Once my mom got home (around 6pm) I told her about him and when she went outside he had his eye open. The next day I saw him and he had that same eye closed, but once my mom came from work he had it open. Does anyone know what I can do? :?
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I would take him for a proper veterinary examination. Eyes are precious and you don't get many second chances with them.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
cookielover96

Post by cookielover96 »

Yea my mom is trying to make time. She said that maybe it would help putting Manzania Tea on his eye but I'm not sure do you know it that would help???
Lis & Addy

Post by Lis & Addy »

Has your dog been to the vet yet? Any word?

Lis
cookielover96

Post by cookielover96 »

Yeah we have gone he had a pink eye who knows how he got it but we will be going again next week to see if everything is fine..
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

Just as a routine thing and always after we go out where they like to run through the high grass I use plain saline solution to wash out the eyes. It gets the crusty stuff off without hurting them. They will become accustom to letting you do this if you do it on a regular basis. Glad to hear it was minor.
The best days are spent with my dogs.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

What do you mean by a plain saline solution? Just that kind you get for humans at a drug store? Forgive my ignorance.
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

yes, you can get it there, make sure that it is pure saline without additives or you can go on line to see how to make it your self just use the type of salt they recommend. It's just a salt/water solution that you boil up. but do find out how to make it.

I use it all the time and sometimes if they get a cut or scrape to flush out dirt. Any little bottle with a tip on it will do, just make sure it is clean as you can get it.
The best days are spent with my dogs.