Funny Stories of Your Pets

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Post by Nettle »

We had a very bossy extremely thick terrier, who would always strut across and top up where one of the other dogs had marked. One day she scratted with her hindlegs, then her front legs, and then got carried away and tried to scrat with all four legs together.

That was on an incline, too :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

That is so funny, Nettle! :lol:

A good question came to my mind when I read RobbnAtlanta's post about her dog's reaction when her partner farted. That question is: How many of you out there have, let's face it we all do it, farted and your dogs look at you with that look "I didn't do it!" expression? :?: :oops:

Believe me, when my two dogs fart, they still give me that look! :lol: :shock:

wvvdiup1
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

My dog sunbathes all the time. He would just lie there as if playing dead. His eyes closed. I'll see if I can post a pic of him basking out in sun. Not really funny, but it just gives me a warm feeling seeing him out there happily sunbathing.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

My two dogs sunbath all the time, however, there is one concern I have and that's the UV and UB rays that cause skin cancer. This makes me worry about my dogs!

Morever, my dogs don't lay in that "play dead" position. They lay in a position I call the "Playboy pose" in which they lay on their backs with their hind legs spread apart. Kind of funny, though! :lol:

wvvdiup1
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Annie likes to bask in the sun (and so does Dottie). Sometimes they lay in their sandbox, but sometimes Annie likes to curl up in a patio chair, with her chin on the armrest and just sleep in the sun.

One day I decided to tidy up the patio, so I neatly folded up all the patio chairs and put them away, against a wall. When I came inside, my husband said to me, "You do realize, don't you, that you just put away Annie's day bed?" Oops-- I had to go get one of the chairs from the wall, and unfold it out in the sun where it had been!

wvvdiup, psst... when someone in my family farts, Dottie comes right over and sticks her nose up their backside! She's a butt sniffer for sure!
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Our dog will lie down on his side. Its amusing to see them rolling in the grass after taht though. They do the wiggle jiggle!
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Fundog,

Thanks for the warning! My Akita does the same thing, but both dogs (my Akita and GS/mix) looks at the offender with the expression "I didn't do it!" :lol:

Hopefully someday soon, when I meet you, your dogs, Pam, and Mary, and possibly their dogs, I'll bring some Beano! :lol:

wvvdiup1
joji732

Post by joji732 »

On the farting issue, my ex's dog, Katie, has a funny habit. When she farts, she will sniff her own butt as if to say, "Did I do that?"

My FUNNIEST dog story, however, has to do with my current dog, Rusty. I think I've posted it on these forums before, but I will share it again in case anyone hasn't read it.

Rusty is an exceptionally smart Jack Russell mix. Back in January, I was preparing to move. There was a day when there were going to be some people coming into my house when I wasn't home. We had agreed that I would leave Rusty in the bathroom.

When I got home that afternoon, Rusty had managed to lock himself in the bathroom. Not one of those locks that you just have to push a button - you actually had to turn the knob to get it to lock.

Needless to say, I had to pull out the tools and take the doorknob off to set him free. In the process, I thought about the fact that I might have to leave him in the bathroom again in the future, so I decided I would turn the knob around with the lock on the outside so that I didn't have to worry about him locking himself in. (It's just me and the dog, so no real need for a lock on the bathroom door anyway.)

The next morning, I got up to go to work. Took my shower and got dressed, only to discover that Rusty had locked me IN the bathroom! My first thought was, "How am I ever going to explain to my boss that I am late for work because the dog locked me in the bathroom???"

Fortunately, I'm not the neatest person in the world. I had actually left the screwdriver on the bathroom sink the day before, so I was able to get out without too many problems. When I DID escape, the doorknob when back with the lock on the inside!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Wow! Now that is a smart dog! :lol:

My two dogs lock me outside of my vehicles and the locks are power locks, too! Fortunately for me, I carry a spare set of keys! :D

wvvdiup1
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Ours likes to stick his head out of the window while we drive--which I don't let him do because it freaks me out. So if I don't open the window he does it himself. I had to start locking the windows. Now I'm probably giving him more credit than he deserves, but once I started locking the windows he'd start coming over to the drivers window. The driver's side window is the only window that works when the others are locked...
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Really, if you don't own a dog you must have a pretty boring life. They are so entertaining and if your lonely you have a little buddy to talk to that will always understand you.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

On the one hand, this story isn't really so funny to start with-- it was absolutely terrifying to Mr. Fundog, so he didn't sleep well at all last night.

He just told me that last night he woke up because the dogs, who were sleeping with him, were making some noise. He turned on the lamp so he could see what was wrong. It turns out Dottie was cleaning her toenails. :?

But then he looked at Annie and got quite a fright: She was on her back, all four legs sticking straight up in the air, and the way she was laying was pulling the skin back on her head so her eyes were sort of bulging out. And she wasn't moving. At all. He thought she was dead, and his heart jumped up in his throat. He started calling her name and grabbed hold of her nose, and was shaking her by the snout, clearly in a panic (he couldn't reach her anywhere else but her snout, she was too far away on my bed). He got no response! He was calling her name and shaking her by the nose, and she did not respond! :shock: Finally, he thought he saw her foot twitch. So to make sure, he offered her a cookie..... and she sprang to life!

By the way, I had no idea until he told me, since both dogs were perfectly themselves in every way when I came home this morning.
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Our oldest doxie, Lu scares me like that in the afternoons when I come home from work. I'll go outside to wrangle them up and Lu's laid out on the grass on his side not moving, and seemingly not breathing. I'll scream his name, stomp my foot, the other boys will run up and sniff him then rung back to me and he just doesn't budge. There've been a few times I have to go back inside and get J to go get him because I'm terrified he's "gone." Then we walk over and poke his leg and he hops right up and gives us this look like "what's the big deal?"
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I can't find a thread called not-so-funny stories, so I'll put this here.

Chessie, AKA Eureka<--vacuum brand, has eaten almost anything. The worst was: an Ibuprofen *went into shock, nearly died*, raw pumpkin *puked that up* and 3 push-pins *pooped them out in a puddle of blood. At 9-years-old, she's quit eating everything, but it seemed we couldn't completely chihuahua-proof our home.

A funny story is when Nova and I played with her stuffed hedgehog. She would shake it, growl at it then bring it to me. If she's finished playing and I throw it, she stares after it, probably thinking..."what, I'm supposed to fetch that thing?"
Chessie: fawn 9-year-old Chi
Merle: wolf sable 6-year-old Chi
Nova: long-haired Red 3-year-old Chi
Cocoa: chocolate 3-year-old Chi
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

How did she get those pins? :shock: What is an Ibuprofen? I have never heard of those. Pumpkin?! Did you take her to the vet??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)