Let me sleep

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Jimmer

Let me sleep

Post by Jimmer »

I have a Lab puppy now about 14 wks old. She was a good sleeper until the last couple of weeks ago. Last night it was evey 2 to 3 hours i just think she smarter then me and wants me to be up with her.

What can I do to out smart her and get her to go back to her 8 hour sleep.

JJ :cry: :cry:
Lis & Addy

Post by Lis & Addy »

Is she able to go through the night without pottying? That will make a big difference.

Lis
Jimmer

let me sleep

Post by Jimmer »

[quote="Lis & Addy"]Is she able to go through the night without pottying? That will make a big difference.

Thanks for the reply, yes she does great at night , she doesn't mess her crate. The last few nights I have let her cry it only lasted five minuts and she gave up, so she's letting me sleep. I do get her out and up early like 5 or 6 .
Lis & Addy

Post by Lis & Addy »

That's great!

That's exactly what I was going to suggest, if she was able to go through the night without pottying: Let her cry it out and learn that demanding attention during sleep time Does Not Work.

Too often, with the best of intentions, we inadvertently reward exactly the behavior we don't want, and the biggest hurdle is us learning to stop doing that. :D

Lis