Funny Stories of Your Pets

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DogzRule1996

Funny Stories of Your Pets

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I thought it might be cool to get everyone to start writing about their funny stories here. That way, during free time or when your bored, you can read all the funny stories that people have about their pets. Here's one I have. This may sound gross, but one time, when we first brought home our golden retriever, our chigi was doing his business, and our golden got curious, so he went over to get a good whiff of his pee when all of a sudden, he realized he had gotten too close, because it was getting on his head! We had to give him a nice bath after that, and now he knows to stay clear of our chigi when he's doin his business! :wink: We could tell he was embarrassed :oops:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

Kai did that so many times, his head was always wet. My husband has to make sure the bathroom door is shut since he peed on Kai's head more than once when Kai got to nosey Rosey.

Maia gets really upset when the boys come to "see" what she is doing. You can just see that they get on her last nerve.
The best days are spent with my dogs.
mspat

Post by mspat »

Watching my westies play cracks me up as they have some pretty funny evasive moves. Molly will do a stop, drop and roll to get away when they are playing chase and Daisy is pretty athletic, she'll actually jump straight up over the others backs and then run away. Ellie is still pretty new to my pack and she still just watches. All of them talk! Molly does a woo woo and smacks her teeth, Daisy and Ellie sing! It's pretty comical.
My goal in life is to be as good as a person my dog already thinks I am. -author unknown
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Max was playing chase with a dog at the dog park. The owner was casually walking across the lawn while Max was going full tilt then BAM! Max rammed her in the back of her legs and down she went like a ton of bricks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She was shocked and wasn't hurt. She looked a little angry. Max usually turns and darts objects/people on a dime but I guess he misjudged this time. Wish I had it on video! :wink: 8)
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I'm having such a good time reading all these stories! They're all so amusing!
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

Max, I think that was me at the dog park lol, I can't remember how many times I have been hit from behind at the knees at the off leash park. Most of the time it is a big dog so when I land on them they don't get hurt.

The last time it was a Standard Poodle and one of my 3 that came from behind not looking where they were going. Hit me and down I went onto my back, The poodle owner was so upset thinking her dog hurt me, me I just layed there on my back laughing to hard to get up, my 3 each with a nose in my face to see if Mom was ok.

Since my 3 are in the working group and will herd, I love to watch them decide who is the herder and who is the herdee. usually it is there son that gets herded. They will herd him up and them BAM come together with him in the middle and really hit him hard. Tre sandwich, then like a flash off they go again, herd him up and hit him again. He never sees it coming. Good thing he is 72 pounds to their 62 and 47 pounds.
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

And then there is Mom's morning wake up call every day at 6:30am They each have their way of getting Mom, me out of bed. Maia will start off with, nose in the ear, heavy breathing, if no response, nose in the eye, no response try licking the eye lid open. If all else fails do a shoulder roll and a butt drop with butt toward Moms head. That usually gets me up and moving.

Kai will lay on me on his back and wiggle while Maia is working the other end. Tre will paw me and try to get under the covers. I have not over slept in 4 1/2 years. NOT even on the weekend.

Last summer we went to our weekend recreation house and a new friend came to stay the weekend and forgot I told him to keep his door shut. I am sound asleep and wakened by this screaming, "what is that, what is that?" Maia went in to give him a wake up call with the shoulder roll and butt drop method. I laughed my self silly.
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

dogz, Non dog people just don't understand that having a dog can be so much fun, funny and rewarding. Anyone who does not have a dog in their life is really missing out on some really special times. I love going to the off leash to watch all the dogs play. You can just see that they communicate what the game will be. If I am having a bad day, the off leash park is my therapy place, you can't be mad or sad watching the pure joy of dogs playing.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

was that you? lol... were you visiting Fl for a few days? :wink:
Max is knee high, do any ramming he does gets ya right in the belfries :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max has never woken me up, however one day when my dghtr was still sleeping he jumped up on the bed and barked in her face. She screamed (playfully) It was so funny! Another day my nephew was sleeping on the couch and Max woke him with a wet willie to the ear. He pushed Max off and of course that's an invitation to play as far as Max is concerned. He then con't jumping on the half asleep boy and biting his blanket till we whisked the hairy beast away. I had the biggest smirk on the face. :wink:

ITA that it is therapeutic and entertaining to watch dogs play. A simple joy of life that so many can't wrap their heads around. :? Well it's their loss is all I can say.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

A couple of weeks ago, Mr. Fundog was in the hospital for surgery. I was catching my sleep in four hour bits, here and there. One late night, as I settled down for nap, I had told myself I would get up at 5:15 (am) to take the girls to the dog park before going back to the hospital. I don't think I set my alarm though. Now, I'm pretty sure I did not say my thought out loud, but even if I did.... Anyway, at 5:15 am, Annie was on my bed, whining at me to get up and take her and Dottie to the park, as "promised." But how in the world did she know? And how does she know what time it is?! :shock:

Here's another one: Just this evening in fact-- I was sitting here, having my coffee, totally oblivious to everything around me. Apparently, Dottie was outside barking, though I didn't hear. A few minutes later, Annie was next to me, pawing at her food storage bins, demanding "payment" for something. I told her she had to earn it, that I wasn't going to give her a treat just for nothing. So my husband heard this, and called me into the bedroom. He asked me if Annie had just come inside with Dottie. I told him I didn't know about that, but that both dogs were in the house, and Annie was asking for food. That's when he explained that Dottie had been outside barking, and he had told Annie to go tell her to be quiet. (And she did more than that; she brought Dottie inside with her) So Annie was now asking to be rewarded for doing as she was told. :shock:
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Every time either of us gets our a suitcase and starts packing, our dog would bark. This was before we got Buddy, so its just Sam, our chigi. Now, he would bark his head off. After about a week, when we go on our trip/vacation, he would follow us into the car and just plant his little bottom on the car seat and won't move. Its hilarious the way he sits there, still as a tree with a very stern face that clearly says," I'm not moving, so don't make me!" :x
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Our beagle Bruiser loves to chase other dogs and when we take him to the off leash dog park his favorite dog to chase is a little Italian greyhound who is far too fast for him to catch. One afternoon he was running as hard and fast as he could after her and his front paws kind of folded under him and for a good 10-15 feet continued to run with his back feet while sliding across the grass with the upper part of his body. Grace is not his middle name.

Another afternoon he was the one being chased and ran up a mound of dirt that we use to fill holes at the park a few times and about the third time of him going up and over the hill he jumped into a hole at the top of the hill and popped his head up to watch as the others flew past his little hidey hole.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Now that is fun to watch, Leigha! :lol:

Now getting up out of bed...

Ever since this health problem I have started this past week, I have a hard time getting out of bed. I will call out "Help!" and my GS/mix and Akita will come, my GS/mix will grab my arm in her mouth and pull, but my Akita is standing there thinking of what to do, so what she does is get up on my bed and pushes me from behind!

Now that's what I call TEAM WORK! :lol:

wvvdiup1
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

That's so sweet!!! My dachshunds would just bark--they don't like yelling at all which is pretty good for mine and my fiance's relationship since we're not allowed to raise our voices at each other or "the boys" as we call the doxies get on the floor between us and bark. And Bruiser would probably just run around the house in his manic ways.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Often, when I throw a tennis ball in the house, buddy would go get it, but would forget to be careful, so he would slip and slide! It looks like he's ice skating! I think maybe he has the talent to ice skate. I'll check in on that.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)